Need help, no Emunand no Boot :(

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nOOBYyBOOn, Jun 12, 2017.

1. nOOBYyBOOn
    OP

nOOBYyBOOn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    System: O3ds
    Firmare: 4.1 U never downgraded. Just an old 3ds I had lying around. I wanted to mod this for my nephew since hes getting into gaming.

I was following the the 3ds.guide. When it came to move the emunand, i never made one. I tried to boot up gateway to create one but it just freezes my bottom 3ds screen whenever i try regardless of the website I use to launch it. Also my 3ds will not boot up without my SD card inserted. Is there a way I can create a Emunand or at least make my 3ds boot up without the sd cart? I have godmode and can boot up Luma settings when i hold select during power up.

[​IMG]

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I have no idea why you would create an EmuNAND, there's no need for that anymore, let alone using Gateway.
    You have to copy to boot.firm to the CTRNAND in order to boot the console without a SD card.

3. nOOBYyBOOn
    OP

nOOBYyBOOn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    I was just tying to upgrade to a higher firmware to install luma. What should I do?
    Also boot.img to the root of CTRNAND? It turns on now but i doesn't boot

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That is an optional section for people that have an emuNAND. You don't have one, so don't follow that section.

5. nOOBYyBOOn
    OP

nOOBYyBOOn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    Sorry I thought having an emunand was mandatory. Im now stuck trying to boot Homebrew launcher via rosalina menu. it says the switch is successful but it gets stuck in the 3ds logo :/

6. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    At least you have a NAND backup right? Can you load GodMode9?

7. Eix

Eix Theā„¢ Magical Exploding Waifu

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Vanilmirth
    why create an emunand if you are not going to be screwing with nand files?

8. Nogardrevlis

Nogardrevlis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Please Dowload Luma fresh from the Internet, from the size of the Boot.firm it seems to be corrupted it should be bigger than 80kb around 143kb

9. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    He may be using an older versions. Those were about that size

Nogardrevlis likes this.
  10. Nogardrevlis

Nogardrevlis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    You are actually right i thought the Luma 7 had the same size , so my bad His version is fine

so he can boot Luma settings but the 3ds doesn't start up after ?

Black Screen ?

to make it Possible too boot 3ds without SD Card it needs to copy Luma boot.firm to the System Nand than it can boot without Sd Card inserted.

11. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    He's gotta figure it out himself. The only good option here is to go over the guide again, step by step, and not skip any like OP has done