Homebrew Need help loading games in USB Loader GX

Mr_Cheddarcheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
my usb loader gx and nintendont is working pretty well, and my gx version is Rev1272 with IOS249. but so far im having trouble loading three games.
need support.png
Viewtiful Joe - Revival edition loses background music and other problems with the cutscenes [for those wondering, this revival version of VJ in the Gamecube adds a new "sweet mode difficulty" and only seen in this Japanese port and the ps2 version.]

And-Kensaku black screens after pressing "A" and "B".

RE - Darkside Chronicles black screen after being boot up.

uh what do I do..?

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use Gamecube Backup Manager and Wii Backup Manager to copy this games to the drive. Be sure the dump is not corrupted, therefore the managers use hash value verification if a image is copied to another location.

Try to run the game with different cios 250 (or 251 if it has base 58) it can be set in the option when a game starts.

Reactions: jeannotte

Mr_Cheddarcheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Use Gamecube Backup Manager and Wii Backup Manager to copy this games to the drive. Be sure the dump is not corrupted, therefore the managers use hash value verification if a image is copied to another location.

Try to run the game with different cios 250 (or 251 if it has base 58) it can be set in the option when a game starts.
So far Viewtiful Joe revival still has audio problems even after gamecube backup manager, though I may try using devolution

And-Kensaku still black screens after pressing "A" and "B" at the start even after changing the CIOS to 250.
IMG20221015233334.jpg

but RE - Darkside chronicles works now, thank you Sypherone c:

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will think its because they are out of region games, dont know which region your (v)Wii is.
E.g. For the GC game to play U or J games on a pal wii, start the game -> settings -> game settings -> "Nintendont" Videomodus -> choose force NTSC or NTSC 480p. Additionaly the Progressiv Patch or PAL50 Patch can be tryed.
For Wii games, start the game, go to option, game settings and choose NTSC.

Dependend on your Region the Wii has different video cable, so there might also a problem because pal and ntsc are different ouput signal for displaying the picture. By using a Wii2HDMI adapter there should no problem because this adapter automatically recognize the output signal and converts it into hdmi.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Mr_Cheddarcheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I will think its because they are out of region games, dont know which region your (v)Wii is.
E.g. For the GC game to play U or J games on a pal wii, start the game -> settings -> game settings -> "Nintendont" Videomodus -> choose force NTSC or NTSC 480p. Additionaly the Progressiv Patch or PAL50 Patch can be tryed.
For Wii games, start the game, go to option, game settings and choose NTSC.

Dependend on your Region the Wii has different video cable, so there might also a problem because pal and ntsc are different ouput signal for displaying the picture. By using a Wii2HDMI adapter there should no problem because this adapter automatically recognize the output signal and converts it into hdmi.
sudoku, winning eleven 6 and tvc - cross generation of heroes are functional on my wii so there are some japanese games working.

I don't think And-Kensaku is listed in the compatibility list here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Game_Compatibility_Table

so I'm curious if anyone else have tried this game before on the loader.

either way I have tried tinkering country strings and even put it on force NTSC, still black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy