gammern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Aight, hope this goes under the right category:

When I try to boot a backup of super mario galaxy 2 I get the error message (from gecko) : "This game requires IOS 56. IOS not found on disk"

I am a complete noob and have not used my wii (hehe) in ages. The firmware is 3.2E and I have a d2ckey modchip installed.

Help would be very appreciated, and I would be grateful for clean, simple instructions.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to update Gecko to the latest version, it should install missing IOSes automatically.

The best thing to do though would be to update your entire Wii by following this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below
smile.gif

gammern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I think my Gecko is the latest? At least the homebrew browser told me so. Nevertheless, I will check out the guide when I get home
smile.gif

EDIT: I am positive that my gecko is the latest, yet it will not boot from it. Am I doing something wrong? I'd rather mess with my wii as little as possible, so..

EDIT 2: I do not know if this is related to my problem or not, but the hombrew channel will not connect with my network. My wii does it without any problem. So...?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Strange, when running games with missing IOSes, GeckoOS prompted me to install them. Maybe it was removed in the latest version?
ohmy.gif

Otherwise, just get Dop-Mii and install the latest IOS56 from there using a Network connection
wink.gif

gammern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Why thank you good sir. I presume this contains no risk of bricking? As I said in my edit, my homebrewchannel will not connect to my wlan, even though I can use the internet channel perfectly. Any way to fix this?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GeckoOS does install required IOSes, but read the message: "This game requires IOS 56. IOS not found on disk"

It's a scrubbed backup.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Strange, when running games with missing IOSes, GeckoOS prompted me to install them. Maybe it was removed in the latest version?
ohmy.gif

He's using a backup that has had the updates removed from it.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tueidj said:
GeckoOS does install required IOSes, but read the message: "This game requires IOS 56. IOS not found on disk"

It's a scrubbed backup.
I see. I only uses scene releases, that's why!
tongue.gif

QUOTE(gammern @ May 31 2010, 11:44 PM) I see. But still, how do I fix it? Sorry for being so lost
tongue.gif
No need to fix the ISO, just use DOP-Mii
wink.gif

There's no risk of bricking, since IOS56 is not ever used in critical parts of the system
smile.gif

Oh, just read the edits. Well, even if Homebrew-Channel does not work, Dop-Mii might. It's worth a try. Otherwise just follow the next post
wink.gif

gammern

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I really appreciate the help. Hopefully this will be my last noobquestion: How do I get ios56 with the NUS downloader? It seems I need to type in some code in the search field?

EDIT: think I might have figured it out.. went to database and then picked "latest" on ios 56. Does that sound correct?

musashi9

Trophies
XP
Country
A related question.
I installed ios 56 that I donwloaded from a site and installed it using wad manager but I never trucha patched it.
So I grabbed the latest version (v10) of dop ios, so I could trucha patch ios 56 but the only version of ios 56 dop ios will let me install is a lower version of what I already installed.

So my question is: if I install a lower version of ios 56 over a newer version will that cause problems ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: