Gaming Need help in Pokemon Breeding!

MegamanSPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to breed a Chimchar. I placed my lvl 60 Monferno and lvl 37 Medicham in the day care but I still don't have an egg. The Old man always say "They doesn't seem to get along much". I know monferno and medicham belongs to the same egg group so what am I doing wrong.?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't you have to put a Male Monferno and another but Female for this to work ?
unsure.gif

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
you gotta have a male Monferno and a female Medicham to see if it works(i mean it'll work but not sure if you'll get a chimchar all the time), but you'll definitely not get an egg if both are of the same gender even if they belong to the same egg group.. also the easier way to get it is by putting it along with a ditto that way no matter what gender you monferno is the egg hatched will be a chimchar.. If you're looking at making your chimchar learn moves that its parent has then the earlier option is suggested.. Hope this solves some of your problems..

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hmm if you're talking bout the IV for the new chimchar it'll depend on both the IV's of the parents so say your medicham has an IV of 31(which is very rare unless hacked
tongue.gif
) and you monferno has 20 something then the egg hatched will be determined with both the parents IV's, so i don't think having medicham holding a power bracer will do much help atleast in the breeding process.. for a more detailed explanation on breeding i suggest you check out www.serebii.net which has a very detailed explanation...

MegamanSPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was the site I've been to, but it still doesn't explain why I still cant get an egg. And it also states that I can predetermine which stat it will inherit from both parents if I made them both hold power items. My monferno has high speed so I made it hold a power anklet while medicham with high attack so I made it hold a power bracer.

deka01

Trophies
XP
Country
the female of the two determines the type of that will hatch eg if you put in a female medicham you will get a meditite so if you put in a female monferno you will get a chimchar the male can determine what moves it will hatch with to a degree. the only reason i can think of as to why you can't get an egg is they are either both female or both male >.>

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
that's what i had earlier mentioned too so i suggest you get a ditto and then 1st get a female chimchar hatched then breed it with a male meditite lol man this is going in circles lmao...

Register

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"They doesn't seem to get along much" basically means that the two Pkmn won't be having an egg for quite a while. They WILL have one eventually, but it's the longest period of time for it to happen, due to the fact that both of them probably belong to you, and are of different species. Same egg group, sure, but being different species really slows it down.

The best way of getting an egg from those two is either: getting a Ditto; or trading a Monferno/Medicham from another person. Pkmn have eggs faster if their Trainer IDs are not matched to yours... so if you were able to get both a Medicham and Monferno from two totally different people, your chances of an egg definitely increase.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Breeding Rate[1]

* Same species, different ID numbers

The chance of getting an egg is 69.3% (has a value of 70). The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two seem to get along very well."

* Same species, same ID numbers

The chance of getting an egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two seem to get along."

* Different species, different ID numbers

The chance of getting an egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two seem to get along."

* Different species, same ID numbers

The chance of getting an egg is 19.8% (has a value of 20). The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two don't seem to like each other."

* Different egg groups, same genders or No egg group

The Pokémon are incompatible and therefore will not make an egg. The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other."

This is copied directly from bulbapedia so i take no credits

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Whooosh said:
ok you NEED the same species of pokemon with OPPOSITE gender.
or else 1pkmn and a ditto

not necessarily its just that if you have different species of different gender's you'll get an egg eventually but after quite along wait...

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok try having the medicham being male
and monferno/infernape being female, that is the only way that they will give you a chimchar, otherwise you will end up with meditite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2