United States

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the light on the brick isn't turning on, that's where your problem lies. Check the connections and find out why it's not getting power.

Also, most desktop HDDs use more than 0.5A of power, so they will always need an extra power supply than what USB provides. There's no way around that unless you use a spare cable hanging out of a PC (I do that sometimes).

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean by both ports, this should only use the one USB port. You would need to power the HDD with the power brick plugged into the wall..................sudeki300

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way around that unless you use a spare cable hanging out of a PC (I do that sometimes).
Well anyway, I found an extra power cord lying around, (that was the problem) and now the hard drive spins up. I plugged it into the computer and it said my device was ready to use, but it doesn't show up as a hard drive. Instead it's listed as USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge. No way to access it.

Well anyway, I found an extra power cord lying around, (that was the problem) and now the hard drive spins up. I plugged it into the computer and it said my device was ready to use, but it doesn't show up as a hard drive. Instead it's listed as USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge. No way to access it.
EDIT: Nevermind. Space was unallocated and windows wasn't asking to format. Easeus saved the day.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was gonna be the next step of advice, new hdd's are unallocated you could of just done the same with disk management in windows. Glad it's sorted..........................sudeki300

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a rude awakening after trying to load a gamecube game. Even though its a 2tb drive, its not 512 byte sectors. back to amazon...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol