Homebrew Need Help for My R4/Mac

shakerattleroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dragged the English-1.8 file into the card and then put all the games in that file. however when I start up the system it still says Couldnt find DS MENU.DAT. wtf.help. what am I doing wrong?

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dragged the English-1.8 file into the card and then put all the games in that file. however when I start up the system it still says Couldnt find DS MENU.DAT. wtf.help. what am I doing wrong?

lol, easy mistake, you need to take the files out of folder 1.8, open the english 1.8 folder you will see the DS MENU.DAT and all the files inside it, you are not suppose to unzip the english 1.8 folder into the micro sd card, you are to open the folder and put all the files inside directly on your micro sd card aka, open up the english 1.8 folder on your micro sd card, highlight everything inside hit cut, then go back to the root directory and hit paste (you just took everything out of the english 1.8 folder), and delete the english 1.8 folder its just a folder to show what version of firmware you are installing, the R4 reads it directly off your card so if you put the start up files in folders it wont find them.

you are not suppose to drag the 1.08 folder onto the card you need to unzip the files inside the folder,

idk why they put them in that folder probably for them to keep organized.

open up the english 1.08 folder and copy over the _system, moonshell folder, and the DS menu dat, and dsmhl.nds files, those 4 things are what are suppose to be on your ds to get it to work, that and games and whatever files you want of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k