need help fixing shoulder button

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kenio8185, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009
  1. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I broke the r button in my ds internally, i was puttin things back and accidentally hit that switch too hard, now it broke off. I found this off ebay to get a new one but i dunno how to repair it, can someone help me out? Here is the link to ebay for what i need:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...sid=p2759.l1259

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    A Miracle!!

Really these buttons are tiny, the solder pads are under the button so they are virtually impossible to replace, if you are experienced at soldering then I suggest having a go, however if you are not take it somewhere ang get it repaired, as you will only end up destroying the rest of the board

3. rrg

Newcomer rrg Member

Agreed they are tiny but you can try it for that price or buy a broken screen/hinge DS and use that mobo from it. Then sell the rest of it as parts and try to recover some of the cost.
    my2cents

4. kenio8185
    OP

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well, there is this one guy i know, he's not experienced with soldering ds lites but he is experienced with soldering in general, do you think i should go to him?

5. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    before you buy this make sure that when you snapped the button off you didn't accidentally snap off the solder pad as well as that would make it a lot harder to solder.