Hacking Need help fixing #003 Wii - autoboot problem

patricksouza1805

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, I've got a bricked #003 Wii (4.3U) console from a friend of mine and I'm currently trying to repair it. I've read a lot of guides and the most "recent" I could find is the Mario Kart-PWNS method, which I thought I could accomplish because I have a modchip, a GC controller, and a DMS drive. That's what I did so far:
1- Burned Mario Kart-PWNS disc1 and disc2 ISO - both stopped spinning on SaveMiiFrii mode with 4.3(USA) still showing up in the bottom;
2- Placed the chipped DMS drive on another Wii (working 4.1U) console and tried again - "Unable to read disc" message on disc channel;
3- Burned regular Mario Kart Wii (full size 4.37GB) and Super Smash Bros Brawl PAL (DVD9) backups - work fine from disc channel, black screen from SaveMiiFrii;
4- Burned an autoboot patched SSBB-PAL - autoboots perfectly from both system menu and SaveMiiFrii on the working console, stops spinning with 4.3(USA) on-screen on bricked Wii.

My modchip is the one from the pic, I'm thinking about replacing it. Should I go with DriveKey (about US$50 w/shipping to Brazil) or could I just go with Flatmod for half the price from eBay?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• chip-wii-desbloqueio-D_NQ_NP_270715-MLB25280391787_012017-F.jpg
    chip-wii-desbloqueio-D_NQ_NP_270715-MLB25280391787_012017-F.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 242

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spend that money on a Wii that's not bricked. It's not worth it. I have NEVER seen anyone report they successfully unbricked a Wii with that SaveMii stuff.

patricksouza1805

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Spend that money on a Wii that's not bricked. It's not worth it. I have NEVER seen anyone report they successfully unbricked a Wii with that SaveMii stuff.
Here in Brazil, buying a Wii (console-only) would still be the most expensive option. It's sold at about 60 dollars in really bad conditions. Plus, I forgot to add the I've got it from a friend just to repair it, it's not mine to keep. I have a Wii myself, and he also has like 2 or 3 of them. We just felt like fixing this one so we could sell it and split the money. I remember doing it successfully years ago, but using a chipped d2e drive which has died late 2016.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water