Need help finishing setting up EmuNAND, help?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Midgetgirl05, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Midgetgirl05 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    So I have the files downloaded, and I have homebrew up and running....

I just don't know where to go from here because the person I was getting help from hasn't been online. :-(

Would love to be able to finally get it up and running XD

I have already downgraded to 9.2, and have no clue where to go from here.

I have Skype and facebook so messaging is easier to do

2. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    This guide worked perfect for me just last night, you can even stop before you get to arm9loaderhax if you want, and just have the classic sysnand/emunand.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I imagine you can start on Part 3, as you've already downgraded. :)

3. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Guides are really easy to follow, and you can only go wrong if you don't read instructions properly. :)

4. Purge

Purge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    So the last thing you did was downgrade to 9.2? Have you formatted the SD card for emunand? Which cfw are u trying to use? And what is your goal? Are you satisfied with just emunand or do u want a9lh?

swabbo likes this.
  5. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    I THINK I formatted it? cfw? (wth is that.... >.<) I want to be able to use the scanable QR cheats for Stella Glow on it. But Stella Glow needs like, 9.8 something? So I would need a way to spoof my system upgrade so I can even get into the game >.<

I could take Screenies of my current card and see if that helps with the explanation? I've tried following guides in the past and it just confused the heck out of me, which is frustrating because normally I'm pretty tech savvy .

6. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    I think that this guide it's pretty clear.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  7. Purge

Purge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    Cfw = custom firmware. And are you talking about ram hacking? Because that's only possible with O3DS on 9.5 or lower unless you know how to downgrade just the browser firmware, which is only possible if you've setup emunand. If you have a N3DS, you wont be able to use ar qr codes

8. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    I already downgraded it to 9.2. It is an o3ds, and I know the QR codes work still. (did it last night actually)

I just don't know where to go from HERE.

9. Mr_sephiroth

Mr_sephiroth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    Syria
    inside a bomb
    I have a question I need to dissociate the EmuNAND and the SysNAND to update the EmuNAND?
    I have a 9.2 3ds with a associated nands

10. Purge

Purge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    Pick a cfw and install it. If u want to use cakesfw then follow the instructions for part 3 in the github guide that someone already posted above. If u want to use rxtools, then follow the rxtools guide (which was also already posted in this thread). I don't really understand your reluctance to use guides, as anyone who'd be walking you through the process step by step will pretty much be telling you to do the same thing that the guides do.

11. Manuel9181

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    It isn't necessary but I'd suggest you to unlink them.

12. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    I'm not RELUCTANT because I can't read.

I'm RELUCTANT to do it on my own without someone to answer my questions because I'd rather not BRICK my system? This is my first attempt at modding ANYTHING in any way, and I would rather not totally brick my LE Red Pokemon 3ds XL.

Edit: For the record, I do already have rxTools stuff downloaded. I just dont know what to stick where. Even when I WAS following the tutorial stuff went wrong that wasn't discussed in it, and I thank goodness I had someone to go "ok wait, lemme help ya figure this out"

Last edited by Midgetgirl05, Mar 11, 2016
  13. Manuel9181

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    If it's your first time I REALLY suggest to AVOID the process about the arm9loaderhax's installation (trust me) and just follow the guide that I've posted before

Midgetgirl05 likes this.
  14. Mr_sephiroth

Mr_sephiroth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    Syria
    inside a bomb
    Oh thanks

15. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Well, unless you do something strange, you've completed the hardest part (and risky, the downgrade one)

Last edited by Arubaro, Mar 11, 2016
  16. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    Really?? I was told that is the easy and safe part by multiple different people >.<

Very confused now.

17. Manuel9181

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    For some reason @Plailect decided to edit the old OTP guide which was extremely easy to follow and now several users are having bricks and others nice things. The installation of Cakes CFW isn't userfriendly at all and the OTP Helper linked into the guide is bugged. Also if you consider that @Midgetgirl05 is at her first experience with the modding's world, you'll agree with me that is better for her to follow an easy (and no risky) guide instead of the a9lh's one.

Last edited by Manuel9181, Mar 11, 2016
    Arubaro likes this.
  18. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    I don't know if it is possible to brick your 3ds setting up rxtools or other cfw so although it's easy to place the files for the downgrade using sysupdater/safesysupdater, I think that's the riskiest part.

Indeed, people now are obsessed with a9lh and plailect's guide, when there are other complete and simple guides just to downgrade to 9.2 and set up rxtools or reinand

Manuel9181 likes this.
  19. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I agree that people are swarming towards a9lh like there's no tommorow, but for good reason. It's basically become the new 9.2 and will be lIke it till who knows how long. It's the future of 3ds hacking and there are many things that you can do/will be able to do that 9.2+Cfw can't do.

Purge likes this.
  20. Midgetgirl05
    OP

Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    MN
    Well, if this is of any help these are my 2 folders.

Attached Files: