Hacking Need help, fiddling around with cIOS installer, now my Wii can't find any Wifi access points

coffincolors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii can no longer connect to the internet. My friend uninstalled ios249 while we were trying to figure out what I did to make DIOS MIOS stop working. Basically, I tried updating dios mios, and along the way I ended up installing cios d9 beta or whatever to ios249 with a base of 37, along with a dios mios 2.9. I tried correcting it by installing using base 56 (I really have no idea what that really means) and Gamecube games stopped loading off my hard drive but Wii games still work fine. While we were messing with cIOS installer app, he uninstalled 249 and all of a sudden we noticed a net initialization error, and sure enough I could no longer find access points. I tried installing the 249 ios (using nus downloading to get ios64 wad) again but that doesn't seem to have helped. Is there any chance that updating the Wii to 4.3 would reset everything? I tried using DOP Mii to see if that would help but I really don't know what I'm doing and when I run a syscheck, I get a crash.

I appreciate any help I can get. Anything.

edit: Also, no I didn't back up using BootMii, it was a few years back, I was pretty careless

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
best thing to do is google Cios 236.wad and install it with mmm or wiimod using ios58 with ahbprot then you can google 249d2xv8final.wad and 250d2xv8final.wad and install those

the cios dont have anything to do with the wifi though so you got me on that one

coffincolors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much, I don't really understand what I did differently, as I just used mmm to install 236, I guess I kept thinking I was installing it when I installed Ios36 (trucha stuff). I had already installed d2xv8 so I was on the right track, but anyway, somehow that worked and online functionality is back. I'm wondering if I just accidentally uninstalled ios 236 completely and that's what disabled it in the first place...

I greatly appreciate your help. In the meantime It looks like I've got to reformat my drive, as my friends still works with Dios mios but not mine.. during this whole process I messed with the cluster size so I'll have to start over in that respect. Looking forward to playing Skies of Arcadia Legends though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...