Homebrew Need help emulating on the Wii

Wiierd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried searching around but to no avail.

I'm trying my best to emulate the Sega Genesis and the original Playstation.

Starting with the PSX, I've tried WiiSX using a Youtube tutorial with an older version but it's slow as molasses. The audio is pitiful and the gameplay isn't really there.

The newer version taken from the HBC will show me the loader but everytime I try to load the bios or a game it says nothing is located in the USB and I'm not even offered the choice to look for the files in my external hard drive.

I've also tried PCSX-R and while it allows me to find a bios (only inside my SD card, not the HD) it won't let me run the game itself.

So, I've got, for all intents and purposes 3 emulators that don't work. One is obviously too early in it's life cycle and the other two might actually be good... if I could get them to work. I'm really looking forward for some Mortal Kombat Trilogy or Soul Blade.

I'm also trying Genesis Plus GX and while it runs some games well, most just won't run and crash the whole thing. Everytime I mess with something it seems I only do worst so I'd love it if anyone could point a way towards reaching the best possible compatibility. Again, I'd like to play Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but the whole series seems to shut down the console.

Can anybody help me?

TIA

PS: My wii has been softmodded if that matters.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I'm also trying Genesis Plus GX and while it runs some games well, most just won't run and crash the whole thing. Everytime I mess with something it seems I only do worst so I'd love it if anyone could point a way towards reaching the best possible compatibility. Again, I'd like to play Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but the whole series seems to shut down the console.

Can anybody help me?

compatibility of Genesis Plus is 100% from what I've read and all games I've tested indeed worked perfectly so far (including UMK3)

make sure to read the user manual because the emulator clearly does not support 7z files or zip files with multiples files inside them (any attempt to load such files would crash it for sure) so you better use "clean" ROM files

Wiierd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian - That was it, my rom was still zipped as it work with Kega Fusion regardless of being zipped or not. I already had some fun with UMKT, thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Wiisixtyfour - Thanks a lot! It's working smoothly now. The only problem is that it doesn't play the soundtrack during fights. I searched inside the options and it looks like CDDA is always disabled. My guess is this is CD Audio. Is there any way of turning it back on?

I tried Dynarec and Interpreter (Soul Blade runs a bit slow using Interpreter, I'm yet to use Dynarec but from the way MK felt it should be alright) and the option to turn on CDDa still can't be turned on.

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Wiierd said:
Wiisixtyfour - Thanks a lot! It's working smoothly now. The only problem is that it doesn't play the soundtrack during fights. I searched inside the options and it looks like CDDA is always disabled. My guess is this is CD Audio. Is there any way of turning it back on?

I tried Dynarec and Interpreter (Soul Blade runs a bit slow using Interpreter, I'm yet to use Dynarec but from the way MK felt it should be alright) and the option to turn on CDDa still can't be turned on.
I see what you mean... I'm not sure about that, sorry.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Wiierd said:
Jacobeian - That was it, my rom was still zipped as it work with Kega Fusion regardless of being zipped or not. I already had some fun with UMKT, thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

ROMs can be zipped, mines are all, just make sure to use .zip compression, not .7z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him