XP
Country
Italy
hex.jpg

i think we are talking about different thing, however
4byte = 00 00 00 00
4byte = T E X T
this is clear.

next there are 4bytes (???) and then 4bytes (msg file length).
after this, there are groups of 4byte, pointing to entrytext.

in this example the unknow value is 0432000.
if you analize the file as i said, you can see that "header" (as i definited) length is 0x324.

if i analize as you said 0432 is a number of entry and 0000 is a unknow value (unused), right?

Crosser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gemini.aerdan.org
XP
Country
Italy
Wait a second, I noticed an error in the structure I posted. This is the actual one:
Code:
typedef struct TOSE_TEXT
{
ÂÂÂÂu32 magic[2];
ÂÂÂÂu32 entries:8;
ÂÂÂÂu32 total:24;
ÂÂÂÂu32 filesize;
} TOSE_TEXT;
That 4 byte "???" value is supposed to be just the total of strings (not the substrings) in the file, which is actually ignored by the game for some reason.

QUOTE said:
if you analize the file as i said, you can see that "header" (as i definited) length is 0x324.
The entries value on the Japanese version is always 2, so that would make that value 0x322 according to your theory. Considering the header size has to be 4 byte aligned, that value cannot exist.

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
because i tested another thing and it seem right (as i said it work with all msg file in EUR and USA version).

(ah... why we use vulcanized rubber for a wheel? a wooden wheel is a wheel...)

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i wrote a new version of chrono translator that i think is the last...
now i close this off-topic (i think it is ot), but I would opinions in some way....

Crosser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gemini.aerdan.org
XP
Country
Italy
First of all, link to v1.0 doesn't work. All it does is sending me to a blank page.
Second, the 1.1 BETA isn't capable of loading any of the tables if you select a rom from a different folder as the program's. I've also noticed that you allocate the whole rom in ram: don't do it! It's freaking 128 MB every time and it takes a long time to flush all that, not to mention memory leaks (which already occurred to me). Load just the Big and Small folders instead, maybe with a more dynamic system to locate where they are (your program doesn't work if they are relocated). Also consider the idea of using text dumps: nothing beats notepad or similar programs for editing, and being forced to do it in a tiny window is stressing. One last thing: I believe you already know about it, but why keeping \n as is? Why not turning it into a line feed+line carry? It will make the text much more readable.

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i fixed the link to 1.0 (there is an error with an if in php page)

QUOTE said:
the 1.1 BETA isn't capable of loading any of the tables if you select a rom from a different folder as the program'si can't reproduce this error.... i move a rom in some place, with and without table. it work..... tables must to be in the same place as the program.

QUOTE said:
I've also noticed that you allocate the whole rom in ram: don't do it! It's freaking 128 MB every time and it takes a long time to flush all that, not to mention memory leaks (which already occurred to me).you are right... i use a function of .net, without thinking about these issues, in order to write faster a version... i will change it....

QUOTE said:
Load just the Big and Small folders instead, maybe with a more dynamic system to locate where they are (your program doesn't work if they are relocated).the last change i will be this (i will study the ds structure).

QUOTEAlso consider the idea of using text dumps: nothing beats notepad or similar programs for editing, and being forced to do it in a tiny window is stressing
ok^^ i thinked I thought it would be better with a guide for writing

One last thing: I believe you already know about it, but why keeping \n as is? Why not turning it into a line feed+line carry? It will make the text much more readable
I was undecided until the last ....
however I will also make this change

thanks for all^^

Crosser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gemini.aerdan.org
XP
Country
Italy
Whivel said:
i can't reproduce this error.... i move a rom in some place, with and without table. it work..... tables must to be in the same place as the program.
Program and tables were exactly in the same folder, while the rom was placed in a different drive. I believe your program uses absolute paths for loading them, but the file dialog overrides that turning the current folder into the absolute path even if the program isn't there. A solution would be loading the tables on boot.

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't use absolute path.... mmmm i will see
:EDIT:
I found the error.... but i can't understand why.....

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
japanese version have two language?

:EDIT:
an example of textdump (all language, but you can choose one instead of all)
\O is \zero
Code:
[@ITEM 73 (L1)]
\O

[@ITEM 73 (EN)]
The fare to Porre is 10 G.
Will you be going?
\t\t{SEL1}Yes.{/SEL1}
\t\t{SEL2}No.{/SEL2}\O

[@ITEM 73 (L2)]
\O

[@ITEM 73 (FR)]
Voulez-vous aller à Palpori ?
Cela vous coûtera 10 G.
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ {SEL1}Oui{/SEL1}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ {SEL2}Non{/SEL2}\O

[@ITEM 74 (L1)]
\O

[@ITEM 74 (EN)]
Lodging is 10 G. Would you like to stay for the night?
\t\t{SEL1}Yes.{/SEL1}
\t\t{SEL2}No.{/SEL2}\O

[@ITEM 74 (L2)]
\O

[@ITEM 74 (FR)]
Voulez-vous louer une chambre pour 10 G ?
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ {SEL1}Oui{/SEL1}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ {SEL2}Non{/SEL2}\O

[@ITEM 75 (L1)]

Whivel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i wrote a new version....
the last thing left to do is to implement the dynamic analysis of the msg positions

fenixdown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I thought it was better than starting a new one.

I've been using the tools on this thread to put the SNES dialog back into the DS version because I actually like Woolsey's translation. I'm modifying the DS version because I like the menu system in it a little better than the SNES one. I'm replacing the dialog and the fonts in the game, but I've run into some trouble.

I've gotten the dialog mostly changed thanks to the Chrono Translator program, but the fonts are still an issue. I can't make the Font Editor let me change the width of each character , which is a problem because the SNES font is a lot 'chunkier' than the one used on the DS. Is there any way to changed the width, either in the Font Editor or in a hex editor? I'm a newbie to hacking, so I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I just can't find it.

Thanks!

Crosser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gemini.aerdan.org
XP
Country
Italy
Each character in the font has a 2 byte header, where the first byte represents the width value and the second is a type identified (0=null character, 1=1 nibble per row, 2=1 byte per row, 3=1 byte+1 nibble per row). If the program you've used to change the font regenerates the type field, all you've got to do is alter the width value. Weird that they don't regenerate width automatically, tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.