Need help choosing flashcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cumu2003, Apr 30, 2015.

1. cumu2003
    OP

cumu2003 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2015
    Hi guys.

I've just gotten myself a 3DS XL second hand. Checking firmware, it's currently on 9.5.0-23E (not sure if that matters?!).

Trying to find information, and there seems to be so much information... Reading around, the Gateway or Sky3DS appear to probably be the best. Is that the case? Looking for possibly being able to play online with the games. Not sure whether I'd need the region free option... What you guys think? I am thinking I'd only really want games from my region...

So, which is the easiest? Any good resellers in the UK people recommend for best price, and also to ensure on quality/genuine goods?

Thanks a lot. Tried searching, but my brains fried now! Haha

Cheers

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    cant use gateway on anything over 9.2, so your stuck with sky, you also cant do region free onanything above 9.5.0-22, so sky 3ds and own region roms only

3. cumu2003
    OP

cumu2003 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2015
    I thought r4 3ds gold deluxe worked on that firmware?! Or is that not a good cart?

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    that's just a clone of gateway

5. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Yep, and an old clone at that. CFW is almost as good as it is.

MrJason005 likes this.
  6. cumu2003
    OP

cumu2003 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2015
    Thanks for more replies...

I thought the only way to get CFW was to use the ninjhax? In which case, my firmware is too new, and I don't have the game anyway to do it. Or, is there another way to get CFW on the 3DS?

7. retrospect

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    There's also an exploit via older versions of the Ocarina of Time cartridge, but it's still only for 9.2 or lower. It's now also possible to install the DS Profile Exploit, but you need to be on 9.2 or lower to do that too. No options yet for 9.5 and from what I've read it's unlikely there will be for a while because of some ARM7/ARM11 stuff.

8. cumu2003
    OP

cumu2003 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2015
    Ok, thanks for all the info then guys...

So, can someone recommend the best retailer for sky3ds cart then? Looking around, I need the newer version that doesn't have the 10 game limit. Is there anything else I should know about the sky3ds? Thanks

9. Skylar Fairchild

Skylar Fairchild Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    United States
    New3dsflashcart.com (Unknown shipping)

-Replied to my email within 24 hours reassuring me that they were a trusted site with payment security for anti fraud.
    -Cheaper than modchipsdirect.com. They claim free shipping. Total check out is like $80.
    -Rumor ships from China (Long wait for delivery)

ACTUAL LINK TO BB SKY3DS on New3dsflashcart.com ( http://new3dsflashcart.com/3ds-flas...n-any-3ds-console-version-latest-v900-20.html )

modchipsdirect.com (Shipped from New York, USA)

-Guaranteed real cards, no fakes, in stock.
    -Rumor online says they ship in 12 hours and arrive in 3 work days.
    -Claim quality, higher price. Total check out is $85.
    -Ships from Buffalo, New York (3-5 working days)

ACTUAL LINK TO BB SKY3DS on modchipsdirect.com ( http://www.modchipsdirect.com/sky3ds.html )

Those are the sites I have bought both red (10 game limit) and blue (unlimited games) button SKY3DS from.
    Had no problems with either one. I recommend both sites and would be comfortable ordering from either one in the future. I would choose modchipsdirect.com only because I am confident that they will arrive quicker.

PS - Just noticed you are in UK. Probably still go for modchipsdirect for faster delivery, but good luck to you, I do not know any resellers in UK region.