Hardware Need help choosing a new mobo

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone i have sent my mobo which i bought and arrived DOA back, I opted for a refund to purchase a new one. I would like some help choosing a new one i found these three

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%204027&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=280|13-131-716^13-131-716-TS%2C13-131-727^13-131-727-TS%2C13-130-629^13-130-629-TS

and was wondering which is the best bang for the buck i have i3 2120 processor and a gtx 460 graphics card so they need to accomadate them. My price range is going to be 85 and my preferred site to order them on is newegg but i will order from another one if recommended.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you have a mini-itx mobo in your selection, it probably won't fit your case.
I personally have a liking for asus in general. Gigabyte is also a reliable brand, msi should be too but for some reason it received a bit less attention recently.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i don't know if this will get me in trouble or not typing in a 3 day old thread but could someone please help me find a new mobo. I am planning to get the asus but i don't know if i should get one that has usb 3.0 on it or not. Could someone help me choose a motherboard the one brand that i will not buy is a asrock the brand that arrived doa for me im never giving that company my money again. My budget is still 85 dollars i could use help seeing as either today or tommorow whenever newegg gives me my refund i am buying one.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Again, you have a mini-itx mobo in your selection, it won't fit your case.
removing it from your selection will leave you with a huge choice of 1 asus mobo.

you can also have a look at gigabyte.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128539

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The main 3 motherboard brands are Asus, Gigabyte and MSI. MSI haven't been amazing when it comes to Z68, but they made the best overclocking board for P67. Asus are seen as gaming boards due to their RoG line. Gigabyte are job solid boards that don't need to advertise any overly unnecessary features.

Asrock were supposed to be doing well in Z68 boards, but considering your experiences, I won't trust them again.

Remember that you're looking for an ATX or miniATX board (this means the shape, not the chipset) and not ITX or BTX. ITX are tiny, designed for media stations, and BTX are backwards so incompatible with ATX cases.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The asrock was amazing for what i managed to get working out of it. One ram slot was dead so that didn't work, the pcie was also dead couldn't use my graphics card. I finally sent it back and they got it today so hopefully soon i can get a refund, get another mobo and be done with the whole ordeal. I really liked the bios that asrock has but that wasn't enough for me to trust them again. I will never buy a asrock again for as long as i live, i will be buying that asus one the one in the middle because i heard many good things about them. I hope that my luck isn't that bad and i don't recieve another doa mobo, i have waited to long to use my new computer. Hopefully i will like asus and they will keep my money if not i will keep trying til i get one that works. Thanks everyone has been really helpful and a wonderful community.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it