need help cd drive stuck

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by fst312, Feb 19, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011

need help cd drive stuck by fst312 at 1:23 AM (844 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    today when i put a cd in my dvd drive to try to make a copy of a cd it cracked inside. i wzas able to eject at first got a good amount of the cd out.i thought i got everything out but i guess i didn't.when i closed the drive i was unable to eject it.i want to know if its possible to fix this before monday or should i just get a new drive.i need to know before monday because i'm getting fios and i'm sure i need a cd drive to be able to insatll that.

2. pocchama1996

Member pocchama1996 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Besides opening it up or shaking it up a bit, there isnt much to do.
    (The latter of which I wouldn't advise)

Anyways, Fios isn't something you need to install. It's just the name of their internet service. Unless your referring to something else completely.(pretty sure)

3. fst312
    OP

United States
    so i guess i'm getting a new drive.about the fios thing i'm not sure if it comes with a cd to install internet like dsl did when i first got it but if anyone here has fios can you tell me if i even neeed to have a cd drive for them to install something.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Find this on your CD drive:

[​IMG]

Every optical drive has one, just look carefully. Once located, pry open a paperclip & push one end into the hole. The drive should manually eject.

5. fst312
    OP

United States
    i found what you pointed out to me.i should have came here first before i took the thing out of my drive out of my cpu unless i don't need it hooked to do this.
    should mentioned in my opening post i disconnected the drive.thanks for the replies i will try this when i get a chance later today.i hope this is not one of those things that need electricity to eject.
    i just hate that i may need to waste money on a new drive.my cpu warranty just expired in january.

6. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    It doesn't have to be hooked up for this to open the drive.

7. fst312
    OP

United States
    got everything working except the only way i can eject in by using my computer i think i have the drive connected wrong.even though there was only one piece of the cd left in there,there could have been a possibility i never had to unhook the drive in the first place and maybe i would be able to use my cd eject button.