Need help Cakes CFW- Emunand broken??!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrisssj2, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    So I am gateway new3ds 9.0 user.

I installed cakes CFW. I didn't quite understand the language in the sticky regarding MSET downgrade and blah blah.
    So I put in my DSTWO and ran CakesROP and choose the 4th option 4.x NDG cakes.dat
    It seemed to work and it started up the CFW and I enable emunand in option.
    Then run CFW.

Thing is... Some games are missing, though half of them are present, first I ran devmenu and it said This software can't be started please redownload.
    Now I have tried again with different Mset's but it seems I choose the right one so that's not where the fault lies?

So I re-installed the 4th option via the ROP again. Now devmenu is gone from emunand.. wtf is going on?
    Besides all other games etc. have this too..

So is my emunand now totally broken for good or..?
    Also start/select for the gateway game menu doesn't pop up anymore either.. -_-

Would love some help here thanks

EDIT:
    Re-installed gateway installer.. and got everything back phew. that's good atleast.
    But surely this CFW should be able to work..??

Last edited by Chrisssj2, Jan 2, 2016
  2. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Does the problem still persist using GW to access emunand? The rom menu and in-game menu won't work if you are using anything besides gateway.

Last edited by samiam144, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I see so.. cfw and emunand don't like each other? :( I want to use gateway games and cfw at same time, impossible?

ps read my edit at first post.

Also tried Home menu hax and starting FBI through there.. the cia I wanted to install, still returned an error to me.. so that shouldn't be right, since cakecfw disables the signature..?

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    cfw needs emunand to work properly for cia's, no emunand, no cfw and no cia installes!

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Another idea,
    Are the games missing maybe out of region and cakes doesn't patch region free? Just an idea...

6. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Cakes CFW is not supposed to be region free? Well the games were Tales of the abyss EU and Fates IF JAP so .. seems weird.

Also I just tried to install the 4th option again from cakesrop.nds. 4x NDG cakes.dat and now when I try to load up nds profile it gives me error has occurred...While it was working just earlier!!

I am totally clueless, and not touching this again, until someone can fully tell me what is going on

EDIT
    Re-placed cakes files on sd. now again it atleasts installs.. ok weird

EDIT2:

It seems you were right.. I had the signature checks disable. not ENABLED. My mind was thinking disable the disable signature checking xD so I thought it was on. If you are still with me lol....

So now I see the games again after I run NTR CFW.
    But does NTR + cakesFW even work together??? We shall see, I am trying to install the un-installable cia right now..
    Also still the issue of not being able to use gateway menu persists.. anyway around it?

7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I don't know if cakes is region free. Was just an idea.

8. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    It isn't I just heard on the iso site, You have NTR CFW for that.

9. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Soo anyway to acces gateway menu with cakesCFW? or a way to disable Cakes CFW without having to put my internal msd into the computer?

If I install games via cakescFW when on emunand it will behave normally right, and really be installed on emunand, when I delete cakesCFW and return to normal?

10. Slasher115

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    I have cakes setup and it will show all my installed cias on emunand but it wont let me load them, it wont even display the top banner while they are selected