Hacking Need dire help with SX activation

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Greetings all...
Please bare with me for the explanation of my predicament as I'm in great need of your help.

I had an old V1 switch that I had running on the latest firmware to date with a Pro dongle and everything was fine. I got bored of the need to start my Switch with the Pro dongle and got myself an SX Core to cut the hassle short. Like an idiot, I removed the SP1 capacitor by mistake and been trying tirelessly to install it again until I succeeded and started my Switch. It didn't ask me for a new license since I already had one generated when I got my SX Pro and it started normally, barely launched "Hollow Knight" to test that it's working normally and put it to sleep as it was 12am already.

I woke up to discover my Switch got so many malfunctions it's in no way usable. Attempted to fix it many times until I finally gave up and got myself a new Switch V2/Mariko. I removed my SX Core from my old Switch and installed on the new one, turned on to the SX boot menu normally, generated the license request successfully and the license afterwards.

My problem is, for an unknown reason, it keeps saying license is invalid for this device and I can't start SX CFW normally.

I'm at a point where I wouldn't mind buying a new license code for activation but even that wouldn't work since activation page wouldn't prompt me to insert a license code.

Would any of you, kindly, help me resolve this?
I work in the medical field and my dear Switch was the only solace I had before I lose my sanity.
Thank you for your time and support.

resurrecta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only thing I know is that the device is linked to your sxos license. I'm not sure if it will work, but you can try the offline method if you can still obtain a new license. Maybe someone can give you better info.

Reactions: lieder1987

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The only thing I know is that the device is linked to your sxos license. I'm not sure if it will work, but you can try the offline method if you can still obtain a new license. Maybe someone can give you better info.
I grabbed the request file and used their activation page on my laptop.
Should I try to activate within the SX OS??
I don't really care if I got banned but I prefer to keeping it offline just in case.

Last edited by Super.Nova,

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SX Core chip is tied to your eMMC chip.
Basically once you activated the chip on one switch and the try to activate it another, it will not work.
It will only give a valid licencse on the switch it was originally installed on.
There is NO way around that and if you cannot re-install it on the old switch, it is pretty much worthless.
But I believe that the V2 Mariko can boot to atmosphere with a sx core. I could be wrong though.
Best bet is to look around here on the forums for that info.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SX Core chip is tied to your eMMC chip.
Basically once you activated the chip on one switch and the try to activate it another, it will not work.
It will only give a valid licencse on the switch it was originally installed on.
There is NO way around that and if you cannot re-install it on the old switch, it is pretty much worthless.
But I believe that the V2 Mariko can boot to atmosphere with a sx core. I could be wrong though.
Best bet is to look around here on the forums for that info.

SX Core itself can boot Atmosphere on unpatched and patched V1 Aristo but Atmosphere itself is not updated for V2 Mariko so it will not work.

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am in the same boat, and i can tell you - your SX Core is useless in the new switch. There is no way to bind a new license to the chip. Sadly we will have to wait until someone cracks the sx core firmware.

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
SX website has been offline since yesterday and I can't do anything until it's back up again.
I wanted to try activation within the OS in case I'm somehow doing something wrong (even though I already activated many devices before).

Also, I'll give my old one a try at fixing it since I have nothing to do.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
The SX bootloader does allow loading other payloads (e.g. Hekate) without a license so you’re not totally stuck, just have to wait until Hekate/Atmosphere are updated for Mariko and you should be able to use those instead

Reactions: ELY_M

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Luckily, I tried to activate within the SX OS and it prompted me to insert a new license code which finally worked. Turns out it was giving me an error due to server issues that I accidentally found out when I tried to generate the license from their website as usual.

I'm currently looking into extracting my save files from a NAND and just hope my old Switch could launch the SX boot menu to backup everything.
Found a link from an other post that would help: https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/

EDIT: my countless thanks to each and every one of you for your time and effort.
It's been a dark time for me and I'm truly glad this is almost over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Briefcase 69 did I win