Need basic answer about downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Durelle, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Ive been reading alot these past few weeks, i currently have a N3DS on 11.2 but i do have DSIWare (zelda 4 swords) i just need to know if its possible to downgrade at all without a hardmod or another modded 3ds as i dont have one.

Since i just read about Soundhax its possible to get a homebrew launcher going, but im not going to attempt anything until i know i can downgrade and get the few games i intend on getting on my system installed (tired of lugging around all my Carts)

2. WaterBotttle

WaterBotttle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
  3. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Alright I'll wait a week or two then, should I get a bigger micro SD card?

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You don't need a bigger SD card to install CFW, but you won't be able to install very many games with the default SD card. 32GB microSDs are pretty cheap these days. I'd go with 32GB or larger.

5. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    I can get a 64gb one locally for 40$ so I'll grab one of those

6. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Sorry for double post, but it's fairly easy to just swap cards and re download the games right? I don't want to lose the dsiware lol

7. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    DSiWare is stored on the internal memory anyway, not the SD card.

Assuming you don't make an EmuNAND, it's as easy as formatting the card to FAT32 and copying the files from the old card to the new one.

8. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    The best way is to go with fasthax and slowhax. Get both (fasthax should release its beta tomorrow working in N3DS 11.1+) and go to Plailect's.

9. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Alright thanks, didnt know its stored on internal memory, Also i just read that a downgrade wont be necessary anymore and that we coudl install the CIA's on 11.2 (which would be ideal) my last question is, Will i be able at all to play my NDS games online (per say i downloaded a game off the internet instead of doing my own backup (i would love to play games with my GF, which im planning on modding hers to since i just read wont need DSIIWare anymore)

10. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Actually you can install a9lh for free from 11.2. Please, refer to this thread.

11. Durelle
    OP

Durelle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    that literally says to wait for fasthax for 11.2 lol....

12. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Which already released, wait for my zip with files needed + instruction. Will post the link there.