Hacking Need advice setting up emuMMC.

bird333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch currently has 6.2 firmware running Atmosphere 8.6. I have a backup of 4.1. Burnt fuses are at 5.

Questions:
1. Should I restore my system firmware back to 4.1?
2. Can I have a 'clean' emuMMC and update it to the latest firmware and go online with it?

I think ideally I want to leave my system at 4.1 and have a 'OFW' emuMMC and a 'CFW' emuMCC. However, that might not be the smartest setup. How can I go about setting this up? Is there a good tutorial (for dummies :)) for setting up emuMMC? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by bird333,

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm exactly in the same situation, for setting up you emuMMC there are a couple of tutorials on YT pretty good explained, explaining how to make the partitions on your SD card and all of that on the PC. The only thing is that you will have to use FAT32 because your sysNAND in 4.1 won't read exFAT, and people reports that FAT32 is more stable for emuMMC.

About playing online... We don't know at all if Nintendo can detect if we are playing on a "clean" emuMMC or a "clean" sysMMC, if we are booting through Hekate and we have less fuses (5) than expected (8 for 8.1) or we have AutoRCM installed.

So what I'm going to do is WAIT, I don't need online at all at this moment (would be great for SMM2 and MK8, but I don't have too much money right now and 1 year of online + 2 games is a bit expensive) and hopefully in the future there will be more reports of people using emuMMC for going online, specially from those with ipatched units, because it is their only way to play online and keeping their console vulnerable to PegaScape. I expect that all of this will be more developed when Pokemon SW/SH come out in November, and we will know which is our best bet for playing online and staying unbanned, then I'll maybe take the risk and go online with a clean emuMMC or update my sysMMC for online and use AutoRCM for booting into emuMMC with CFW.

Sorry if my English is not really good, I'm from Spain, hope this can help you and clarify your doubts

JotaBarba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm exactly in the same situation, for setting up you emuMMC there are a couple of tutorials on YT pretty good explained, explaining how to make the partitions on your SD card and all of that on the PC. The only thing is that you will have to use FAT32 because your sysNAND in 4.1 won't read exFAT, and people reports that FAT32 is more stable for emuMMC.

About playing online... We don't know at all if Nintendo can detect if we are playing on a "clean" emuMMC or a "clean" sysMMC, if we are booting through Hekate and we have less fuses (5) than expected (8 for 8.1) or we have AutoRCM installed.

So what I'm going to do is WAIT, I don't need online at all at this moment (would be great for SMM2 and MK8, but I don't have too much money right now and 1 year of online + 2 games is a bit expensive) and hopefully in the future there will be more reports of people using emuMMC for going online, specially from those with ipatched units, because it is their only way to play online and keeping their console vulnerable to PegaScape. I expect that all of this will be more developed when Pokemon SW/SH come out in November, and we will know which is our best bet for playing online and staying unbanned, then I'll maybe take the risk and go online with a clean emuMMC or update my sysMMC for online and use AutoRCM for booting into emuMMC with CFW.

Sorry if my English is not really good, I'm from Spain, hope this can help you and clarify your doubts

Hey DarRay27, im exactly in the same boat, 4.1.0 ipatched switch, with one emummc setted up with atmosphere, updated to 8.1.0 with ChoiDuNoirNX (using a tutorial on elotrolado.net - im spanish too :) ).
Im trying to have a second emummc without hbrew, nsp's and stuff like that, only vanilla horizon, and have two questions:

1) is necessary to change hekate_ipl.ini to change between the two partition type emummc (adding/ removing flags like stock=1 and emummc_force_disable=1).
2) how to update emummc without ChoiDuNoirNX to latest firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455