Need advice on how to store memory outside Wii U

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So with the 3DS and Wii U eshop closing could someone give me advice on how to store data?

First of all should I get a Hard Drive or SSD or even something else? If so which one is better?

Also can data be copied onto my PC or does copying data reformat the device?

Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Xenoblade X DLC takes up a lot of space. :wacko:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean from wiiu usb to computer, it won't work unless you use dumpling or dumpster u with otp and seeprom. You can convert the games with nus packer. More trouble than just redownloading them. Don't worry about the closing. The content will still be there afterwards, and we have the algorithm to get title keys.

Reactions: jeannotte

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you mean from wiiu usb to computer, it won't work unless you use dumpling or dumpster u with otp and seeprom. You can convert the games with nus packer. More trouble than just redownloading them. Don't worry about the closing. The content will still be there afterwards, and we have the algorithm to get title keys.
So I can't copy files even as backup for my own Wii U?

What about the USB device itself. Any recommendations?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, if you mean on your computer, I'd suggest just putting it in a sata station or something for easy access. that's what I use to format drives on my laptop.

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh, if you mean on your computer, I'd suggest just putting it in a sata station or something for easy access. that's what I use to format drives on my laptop.
No I mean I didn't get what you meant by Power Supply. Doesn't the USB connector give it it's own power supply?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that was an internal drive. I have a wd blue. I think that's the one I'm using for the vwii, but it's in a powered enclosure. there are sata to usb, but the only time I used one, I could smell a burning smell like it was frying the hdd. that was a very long time ago, and I don't remember if the hdd survived.

M97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought that was an internal drive. I have a wd blue. I think that's the one I'm using for the vwii, but it's in a powered enclosure. there are sata to usb, but the only time I used one, I could smell a burning smell like it was frying the hdd. that was a very long time ago, and I don't remember if the hdd survived.
I'm starting to get a bit confused here. XD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably low. I own several wd elements and wd black, which are 2.5" hdds in an enclosure. the highest capacity afaik for usb powered is 5TBs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Oh God no :ohnoes: +1