Need advice for a fan controller (see post for specifics)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by TotalInsanity4, May 24, 2015.

1. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Hello everyone! I'll be building a PC this summer and I think that a fan controller would be a very good addition, both functionally and aesthetically. However, I'm looking for something very specific and not having very much luck... What I'm looking for is a fan controller that...
    -Uses either a single 5.25" or 3.5" drive bay
    -Has an LCD screen to view information
    -Uses a knob/dial to change settings (preferably a single large one)
    -Can accommodate at least two fans, preferably at least three if it's good enough to control the CPU fan
    -CAN RUN AUTOMATICALLY BASED ON SETTINGS (this is a big one)
    -Is in a <$40 price range

I've seen a few controllers that use four LED lighted knobs to manually control the speed of the fans; I don't want one of those, as they are not automatic and the knobs are spaced way too close together for what I would like to do (I am looking to modify it slightly so it will fit with the steampunk theme my case will eventually have)

Anyway, thank you for looking, and if you have any suggestions please link them with your reply so that I can research them a bit more :)

2. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
  3. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    I know this isn't helpful but more then likely you will be able to control your fan through the motherboard. I have a low budget z-97a that lets me do that through the bios. Literally ticks all your boxes except for aesthetics as there aren't any.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    That one looks nice, and it isn't that expensive... Unfortunately out of stock.
    I will take something like that in mind when I build my next PC, it looks beautiful.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    speaking of which, wouldnt this this work? http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php (assuming the fans are plugged into the mobo)

6. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest

Believe so, I heard of the program before. Could always just use resistor to slow the fans down the old fashion way :teach:
    my noctua dh-14 has one plugged in.