Gaming Need a New WIRED Mouse, Help?

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've had a Logitech MX1100 Wireless Mousehttp://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B001DJ64C0http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B001DJ64C0 for a little over 6 months now and it was treating me pretty good for the beginning of its lifespan. Recently, however, the mouse seems to freeze/lock up at random intervals and lately, those intervals are quite frequent. I've noticed this happens mainly when in a game (TF2 among others), I simply can't look around when the mouse locks. It lasts a few seconds, recently topping off at 15-20 secs of lockup time. Even when moving the cursor around, it tends to stop moving as well. This morning it became unbearable, freezing up every 10 or so seconds.

It's not the battery, they're always fresh. It could very well be an incompatibility between the mouse and the game, since the games are what seem to prompt the lockup sessions. In the end, I've concluded that it's probably better to just buy a wired mouse, however. I've even tried moving the USB receiver around multiple ports on my machine and it changes nothing.

So, I need a wired mouse, but not very knowledge in brands or models that are durable and reliable. I need a mouse that has high DPI settings. Price is not an issue for now, I simply need to scope out products for at this point. Any suggestions?

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Joe88 on the G9 Mouse. I love mine. Amazon had it for $75 with a $30 rebate a couple years ago. Has weights 4g and 7g, 4 of each. also has like 5 presets for dpi settings, which can be programmed via software and adjusted on the fly. so while sniping, you can make it more/less sensitive, etc with a button press.

Pretty good mouse altogether. Coupled with an aluminum mouse pad = greatness!

hope this helps.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
BakuFunn said:
Razer DeathAdder
Best mouse I've used, hands down. Even after getting some expensive mice after it, I've always ended up giving those away and sticking with this.
I suggest getting it through another source, it's overpriced direct.
I wouldn't recommend any Razer product ever. Within a year's span I've had 5 of their mice - 1 Copperhead, 1 Deathadder and 3 DiamondBack 3G. Initially I only bought the Copperhead and it worked as it should for about 2-3 months but after that it became harder and harder to press the left mouse button. In the end I had to really force it down for it to even register. So I ended up getting a replacement for said Copperhead. They had no more of those in stock so I got a small refund and a Razer Deathadder. About 2 months later - the same fucking problem. And this repeated itself with yet another 2 Diamondback 3Gs which brings me to the point where I am now with my fifth Razer mouse. A mouse which surprisingly enough still works without failures although I wouldn't be surprised if it would turn out to have the same problem like all their other mice I've used.

As a contrast of things I used to have a really nice Microsoft mouse, a mouse which lasted me for more than 3 years before the scroll wheel finally gave up. Over 3 years with a single mouse? Now that's something completely different from what I've seen with Razer.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a wired mouse at a thrift shop.

It still woarks perfectly.
laugh.gif

^^ Minox, Why so serious?
smileipb2.png

Oh , have you tried a mouse pad, or removing the mouse pad?

cause laser mouse dont like white reflective surfaces AFAIK. try something different.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
BakuFunn said:
Razer DeathAdder
Best mouse I've used, hands down. Even after getting some expensive mice after it, I've always ended up giving those away and sticking with this.
I wouldn't recommend any Razer product ever. Within a year's span I've had 5 of their mice - 1 Copperhead, 1 Deathadder and 3 DiamondBack 3G. Initially I only bought the Copperhead and it worked as it should for about 2-3 months but after that it became harder and harder to press the left mouse button. In the end I had to really force it down for it to even register. So I ended up getting a replacement for said Copperhead. They had no more of those in stock so I got a small refund and a Razer Deathadder. About 2 months later - the same fucking problem. And this repeated itself with yet another 2 Diamondback 3Gs which brings me to the point where I am now with my fifth Razer mouse. A mouse which surprisingly enough still works without failures although I wouldn't be surprised if it would turn out to have the same problem like all their other mice I've used.

As a contrast of things I used to have a really nice Microsoft mouse, a mouse which lasted me for more than 3 years before the scroll wheel finally gave up. Over 3 years with a single mouse? Now that's something completely different from what I've seen with Razer.
I've been using my DeathAdder for over a year with no problems. Sounds like you've just been really unlucky (although it might be that you PC game a lot more than I do, something I couldn't know).

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylvWolf said:
Minox_IX said:
BakuFunn said:
Razer DeathAdder

I've been using my DeathAdder for over a year with no problems. Sounds like you've just been really unlucky (although it might be that you PC game a lot more than I do, something I couldn't know).
i have also been using the same deathadder for over a year got it in march 08, still works the same as the day i got it and if it does ever die i will replace it with another deathadder never will i use another mouse again.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
BakuFunn said:
Razer DeathAdder

I think you're just unlucky. All three of my Razer mice worked perfectly, even with rapid clicking on a daily basis. Also, you know you can return a defective product to Razer, right? Their customer support is great. When I bought the Razer Orochi about eight months ago, the Mac driver was total shit. There was acceleration, and the DPI could not be adjusted. I emailed them about it, and they emailed me back thanking me, and telling me that they will start fixing it right away. A few days later, they emailed me with a fixed driver and updated the one on the site.

My DeathAdder is still working to this day, for over three good years, with no problems whatsoever. I have to buy new teflon feet for it soon, though. The original ones are almost gone.

Though, the Logitech G9 is also an incredible mouse. The custom weights are very useful, and the LEDs are just plain fun.

Also, if price is no question and you are very wealthy, check out the TRON mouse and mat by Razer. It'll cost you over a Benjamin, but it's pretty cool.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the same mouse! And I had the same problem!

The solution? Distance! It's not too far away to lock up doing menial tasks, but when you're in a game, it locks up, right?

Yeah. I got a 10 foot USB extension cord for the receiver, and all was dandy. Haven't had a hiccup yet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw hi everyone