Hacking need a little help

kragzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
right i know theres probably lots of other threads about stuff like this,ive read few bits but id just like some clarification, right so basically i modded my new 3ds xl a while back, ivev not played it in quite a while due to my wife passing,

anyway my question is basically what order do i update stuff on my 3ds,and i take it it is safe to update to 11.10 i cant for the life of me remember im on 11.7, got luma 9.1, gm9 1.4.2 and fbi 2.5.0, i have read freeshop is no longer a thing, so im think im right in saying you have to install .cias via fbi now, and also is it safe to grab upddates through e shop or do they have to be via .cias too?,

hope you have a great day,and thanks for reading, appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right i know theres probably lots of other threads about stuff like this,ive read few bits but id just like some clarification, right so basically i modded my new 3ds xl a while back, ivev not played it in quite a while due to my wife passing,

anyway my question is basically what order do i update stuff on my 3ds,and i take it it is safe to update to 11.10 i cant for the life of me remember im on 11.7, got luma 9.1, gm9 1.4.2 and fbi 2.5.0, i have read freeshop is no longer a thing, so im think im right in saying you have to install .cias via fbi now, and also is it safe to grab upddates through e shop or do they have to be via .cias too?,

If your on Luma3DS 9.1 then just system update like normal

Reactions: kragzy

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

If you're on Luma 9.1, simply update your 3DS as normal. You can update Luma3DS itself at any point afterward. It does not matter if you update GodMode9 or FBI, but it's recommended that you do so.
Yes, freeShop no longer exists, you have to install illegitimately-obtained games via FBI (we WILL NOT help you find them, Google is your friend).
If a game installed via .CIA needs to be updated, find an update .CIA and use that (meaning: DO NOT install updates from eShop). If it's a game you purchased, you can update from the eShop.

kragzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks guy, right got little problem, ive updated luma,gm9,and fbi, when i boot gm9 the top screen is blank, any ideas where ive gone wrong?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
thanks guy, right got little problem, ive updated luma,gm9,and fbi, when i boot gm9 the top screen is blank, any ideas where ive gone wrong?
This issue has already been brought to the attention of the developers, and is likely caused by a Luma3DS issue. There are one known solution: Install fastboot3ds. There also exists two other solutions, though I have no evidence that these work: Revert to the prior version or follow the below.
legoj15 on GitHub said:
I have noticed that if you enter the Luma3DS settings/config screen (by holding SELECT on boot), then tapping START (to save preferences), and then pressing and holding START (or whatever button you have assigned the GM9 firm), GodMode9 boots normally, with both screens working, every time

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
Reactions: kragzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn