Hacking Need a little advice :/

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So recently, my DS Lite was damaged and it seems that the shoulder buttons aren't quite responsive( have to press them REALLY hard) and also a part of the hinge joint also seems to be damaged ( which has further lead to a loose hinge/axis , and the ds shows strange behavior in sleep mode
001.jpg002.jpg)
Though the ds works just fine while playing games...
Now, I need your advice guys, would replacing my nds shell with a replacement case like this- http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/products/1958-DS-Lite-Replacement-Shell-Red-Mario/
and for the hinge barrel and axle this-http://www.nintendorepairshop.com/products/1860-Hinge-Barrel-and-Axle-set-for-DS-Lite/ solve my problem?
So do I need anything else or do have any other suggestions?

Last edited by raystriker,

jax604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will resolve the hinge problem for sure, but the shoulder buttons would probably need to be cleaned or replaced.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably don't need the hinge/barrel part those pieces usually don't break. You need a tri-wing screwdriver (Y shaped) to open the DS and a small phillips (+). You probably want to replace those L + R buttons as a pair. The DS lite goes to sleep mode when the top right speaker is next to the ABXY area (magnets), not sure how a sleep mode can be strange.

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You probably don't need the hinge/barrel part those pieces usually don't break. You need a tri-wing screwdriver (Y shaped) to open the DS and a small phillips (+). You probably want to replace those L + R buttons as a pair. The DS lite goes to sleep mode when the top right speaker is next to the ABXY area (magnets), not sure how a sleep mode can be strange.

It doesn't exactly go to sleep...when I close the nds, the green led indicator blinks very fast and have noticed that the screen and sound output starts and stops(blink?)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It doesn't exactly go to sleep...when I close the nds, the green led indicator blinks very fast and have noticed that the screen and sound output starts and stops(blink?)
Find a magnet and try putting the DS into sleep mode with it. See what happens. If the DS goes into normal sleep mode that way.

Riyrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Exactly as Veho said. Not exactly sure what the problem would be, unless the DS is not closed all the way. Could also be a conflicting flashcard but I assume it's not that as you would of noticed it before then too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Very little on money right now, so not at this time. But I'd wish I had a fucking... +1