Need a help in choosing a Slot-2 device.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ayinaim, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009
  1. ayinaim
    OP

Newcomer ayinaim Newbie

Canada
    Hi all, i'm kinda new with the DS and need some advice on getting a slot-2 device to play gba games. My questions are,

1 Can anyone recommend one option that have a high compatibility?
    2. Does a slot-2 device would need a specific slot-1 device?
    3. I have a DSTT for my slot-1, does that gonna affect my slot-2 choice?

I need some advices because i want to avoid buying the wrong device and ended up not being able to use it. I would like to thank in advance for helping me in this matter. Thanks!

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If your using the YSMenu loader on your DSTT, you can get integrated support for the 3in1 automatically.

The 3in1 is the prevailant slot2 choice, unless your getting a full blown gba flashcart.

3. ayinaim
    OP

Newcomer ayinaim Newbie

Canada
    THanks for the reply. I'm not looking for a browser support or rumble feature, just want to play the huge collection of gba games. I'm looking for a slot-2 cart that wouldnt cause any lag and functions well for most of the games. I've tried researching on my own but it made me even more confused. Thanks for the help.

Posts merged

And no, i'm not looking to play media files too.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I only use the 3in1 for gba games anyways. just because it can do other things you rule it out. you can't get any cheaper than 20 bucks on a slot2 anyways.

You will mostly be using NOR mode for 32MB sized games, and PSRAM mode for anything smaller than 16MB.

5. ayinaim
    OP

Newcomer ayinaim Newbie

Canada
    I think you got me wrong there, i wasn't actually ruling out anything. I just stated my preferences just in case someone can recommend me one based on my preferences. Btw, after reading all the long reviews done by the awesome gbatemp staffs, i've decided to go with ez flash IV for my gba gaming. I would like ezflash IV lite better, but it was out of stock and i dont really mind about the size. It hasn't arrived yet though, but i hope i'll be happy with it! Thanks again for those who replied [​IMG]