Need a good media player

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tajio, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009

Need a good media player by tajio at 11:53 PM (673 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Let's get to the point, I am looking for a portable media player that can play MP4, Avi, RM/RMVB etc... and then I remembered the DSiPlayer! but then I also remembered that the SuperCard DStwo is coming soon, but I have also been looking at other Media Players (example: http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/cat...Media%20Player) any recommendations or If I should wait for the SC DStwo? or should I just get the Iplayer?

I just want to watch movies or episodes without any conversion, I don't like converting it's just takes to long [​IMG]

Anyways, I'll do some more research on the two carts and some media players.

By the way my budget is under £40 - £50

EDIT: sorry about the grammar and spelling mistakes, i'm to tired..

2. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't wait for the supercard. From my experience, the Supercard support is lackluster at best. If you already have a flash cart for games, homebrew, etc, it would be faster (and probably more cost effective) to go for the iplayer. I got one a month back and it has never failed me so far [​IMG]

If you don't have a flash cart right now, waiting might be better, to kill two birds with one stone.

Another option is to just use moonshell and DPG's. Sure converting can be a pain and the quality isn't the greatest, but I love the price ($0.00 USD) [​IMG] Also, batch DPG has incredibly fast conversion rates, a movie usually takes less than 15 minutes

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    As of right now, the iPlayer is the only cart that will do what you want. The DS by itself simply doesn't have the horsepower to decode movies that aren't specially encoded for it. Then it simply becomes a matter of whether or not to wait for the SCDS:TWO, which is entirely up to you. The iPlayer doesn't support commercial DS roms, while the SCDS2 will, which is the main difference. Nobody really knows when the SCDS2 is coming out though, so you may be waiting a while if you choose that route.

4. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't really mind waiting [​IMG] I currently have an Acekard 2i which is great but I don't really play that much games anymore like I use to, to be honest, I mainly use it for watching movies and episodes and sometime homebrews aswell. I looked up the Dingoo (Link) does anyone know if this is good, it does have a lot emulators and plays MP4 files (Avi, Rmvb etc...) and has 4gb of internal memory or should I just go for the iPlayer?