Necessary data not found

IcedHonestTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on my emunan but I'm running into "Some Necessary data could not be found. It will be downloaded now." with the option to download or start software, which leads to "A software update is required. Update data will be downloaded now.".

I can play the game just fine on sysnan without any issues. I've made sure I'm on the latest update of atmosphere, sigpatches, and tinfoil.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did you also install updates for the game or some of the DLC for it?

I suspect that the Switch has some sort of internal list where it keeps track of the latest version of every game.
Even if you install another game, this list gets updated and will trigger that message for other games.

If nothing works, just delete the game from the Nintendo menu and reinstall it.
Afaik your save game will remain even if you remove the game but check this maybe in advance.

IcedHonestTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also install updates for the game or some of the DLC for it?

I suspect that the Switch has some sort of internal list where it keeps track of the latest version of every game.
Even if you install another game, this list gets updated and will trigger that message for other games.

If nothing works, just delete the game from the Nintendo menu and reinstall it.
Afaik your save game will remain even if you remove the game but check this maybe in advance.
I installed the updates through sysnan earlier, and just tried to delete the game and reinstall it without results. Game still works fine on sysnan but same thing is still happening in emunan.

IcedHonestTea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm using the latest sigpatches, just reinstalled them to make sure. I installed sys-patch but I don't know if I'm supposed to open up the menu to do something (which I can't find how to). Even after updating sigpatches it still doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto