Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4 freezes so far on ds-x.
once when switching from selling to buying stuff. And 3 on the teleporting map right after moving it blinking marker freezes.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS-X is working much better for me at the moment but since nothing is changed, I expect more freezes.

SO FOR NOW, SAVE OFTEN FOLKS!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I pre-ordered this from Gamestop and got the slowest shipping possible since I'm cheap. It shipped last night from Kentucky and had made it to my hometown in the morning and was on route. The expected date was the 8th but I got it today. Over-night shipping for the price of ups ground FTW.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my ds-x has not crashed yet with it played it for a while now????
gba.gif

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing for 5 hours on my M3SD. 4xDMA, Force R/W, Trim Rom, Software Reset. Not a single crash.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing for 5 hours on my M3SD. 4xDMA, Force R/W, Trim Rom, Software Reset. Not a single crash.

Tried the very same options, don't work for me.

If I don't use Force R/W, dual white screens. If I do, it doesn't even get that far. I use to be able to get the Japanese version to work but now I can't even do that!

Did firmware 30c break it?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somethign fishy going on working for some people like meand not for others hope mines does not crash sometime
biggrin.gif
one of my favorite titles:D
cry.gif
yaynds.gif
could it be the dump ?

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have both the actual cartridge and the rom for my G6 Lite, and while both work on their own, I tried copying the save games from the rom version to the official cart (and vise versa), and both times it failed. If you try to copy it over before it goes through it's save file "initialization" message the first time you load the game then it doesn't register at all. If you try to copy the save after it's done this then when you load the game it says "save error" or something to that effect and re-initializes the savegame files (not recomended if you're past the first save point).

Does anyone know a way to make it work? I'd kind of like to play my emulated copy and then transfer the saves onto the true copy when I'm done.

Hollysmoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Dec 7 2006, 12:51 AM)]!!! Supercard Lite Users: !!!

I got my version of the game running flawlessly. I used the newest software and firmware and used these options on the rom file in the patcher:

Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Faster Play Game, Enable Patch Cartridge Access: HIGH

No freezing or black screens here. Give those settings a try...Â
wink.gif

I have Mini SD Supercard (regular) and I tried that and it didn't work, so I changed the Patch Cartridge Access: LOW and IT WORKS! No black screens or lock ups!

Mini SD Supercard:

Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Faster Play Game, Enable Patch Cartridge Access: LOW

Dark_Seph

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Dec 7 2006, 12:51 AM]!!! Supercard Lite Users: !!!

I got my version of the game running flawlessly. I used the newest software and firmware and used these options on the rom file in the patcher:

Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Faster Play Game, Enable Patch Cartridge Access: HIGH

wink.gif

I have Mini SD Supercard (regular) and I tried that and it didn't work, so I changed the Patch Cartridge Access: LOW and IT WORKS! No black screens or lock ups!

Mini SD Supercard:

Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Faster Play Game, Enable Patch Cartridge Access: LOW

Holy shit batman! I think you have found something! I had been attempting to load the game constantly and got this "Corrupted save" issue, I tried various options on and off and no luck. I read your post, try it! HOT DAMN!!
To make matters better, I have seen no freezing yet, I have been pressing the start button like no ones business, and no lockup!

BTW I am on 1.70 SC CF, and im using some age old shitty 128MB card!

AileStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EZ4LC

so far only crash i've gotten is when talking to wind when theres a quest active thats not completed. i did the potion/map quest for Wind and got the reward but if i ever talked to him after i got the quest but before i bought the items it froze.

but it diddn't freeze 100% there was one odd time it diddn't freeze. i jsut gto teh second mission from wind and it freezes one again if i talk to hima gain without completing the mission.

is this teh games fault, flashcard fault, or faulty dump? anyone have any ideas?

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the M3 users, I have it on my Mini SD at default safe mode and haven't had a single problem. If the settings with 4X, no trim, etc. aren't working, give it a try.

Lapen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M) said:

wink.gif

Mini SD Supercard:

No success for me, froze after a few forays into the menu screen.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've only played through the first portrait so far and the one thing that sticks out to me is the 3D eyeball (can't think of it's name off the top of my head) Sticking one 3D monster into the middle of a 2D world just doesn't look right.

Noah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M) said:

wink.gif

Mini SD Supercard:

Are you using the supercard 2.57 software? I don't see a "Faster Play Game" option. My only options are Enable Restart, Enable Trim ROM, Enable load partially ROM, Enable DMA Mode, iQue Game, iQue Game (two of the same option?), Enable Patch Cartridge Access [Compatibility: High / Low], and Enable Rumble, which of course is ghosted out.

Am I missing something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0