1. Tamyu

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Hey, I`ll translate that too. [​IMG] I need the practice as I`ve been out of the translation workforce for about almost 2 years now. (Had a kid... Does that to you)

2. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.
    Former Staff

United States
    Ha, if you had a kid, I dare say you are still a translator!
    [​IMG]

3. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I wish I had a kid so I can stay off the internets.
    Looking for babymakers.

EDIT: Disregard my first statement, I just remembered mthrnite and look at him.

4. Tamyu

Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Trust me, having a kid does not keep you off the net.
    I actually worked in a real company translating - can`t really do that with a baby adhered to you.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Took some time to poke around the internals of the game, seems we have lucked out for some of the text as it appears to be in uncompressed Shift_JIS as per loads of other Japanese DS games, the graphics on the other hand I have not played around with but the first was standard uncompressed GBA formats so I have some hope. Seen as it deals with seemingly random descriptions of fighting moves and not wanting to just Romanise stuff I wimped out and instead present you all with part of the tutorial (called tutorial2.bin in the internals).
    次は『ガード』と『マンガデッキ』に
    ついて説明しよう!
    まずはガードだ!
    十字ボタンの↓で
    相手の攻撃から身を守るのだ!
    それではさっそく
    コマレッドの攻撃を
    ガードしてみよう!
    そうそう、空中では
    ガードできないぞ!
    覚えておくのだ!
    ガードはべんりだが
    万能ではないのだ!
    ガードではふせげない
    『ガード攻撃』があるうえに…
    ずっとガードをしていると
    限界がきて、くずされてしまう
    こともあるのだ!
    そこでガード中に、相手の攻撃に
    タイミングをあわせて
    Xボタンを押すのだ!
    成功すれば相手を『押し返し』

If I am reading it correctly (and there is a good chance I am not) it says something about the tutorial explaining blocking/guarding and the deck. Then something about guarding (how to pull it off and that it is not all powerful) followed by a bit about blocking with good timing to do counter attacks or leaving your opponent open.
    Now bored with looking up symbols it is back to FF3 for me.

6. ohoni

ohoni Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, the best use of a translator's time would be to translate the various mission objectives, since they are needed to unlock stuff, and can be tricky to sus out on your own. I'm rather stumped by the last objective to the first Dragon Ball stage.

Yes, but that's a bad picture. Look on Gamefaqs for some better ones. The top right star in the "Xy" looking pattern should be one lower so that it has a generally rectangular shape, and you have to draw it from top right to bottom left, then up, then down to bottom right.

the "J" one is also completely wrong, you have to start with the star to the right of the one labled as "1", and then draw down and arc it to the one labled "2", so that you're passing through three stars down and two stars over.

Those should unlock, from left to right, Shanks (who helps unlock Luffy's 7 and 8 komas), some JoJo character, and some Northstar character.

7. Altezza_lex

Altezza_lex Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I need help...im stuck on the first mission on Planet letter P. Mission is something with UP Y and I tried UP Y on all of the opponents.

8. Zantagor

Zantagor GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just took out my Kanji lookup book, and my Japanese to English dictionnary, the mission aren't that hard to figure out.

Most are like, win in the 1st 10 secs, or be X points above the rest....

one or 2 I didn't figure out yet, but I didn't took the time to translate either [​IMG]

I'm on the 2nd set of stages now, unlocked a bonus one in the 1st set too.

the Boss stage pays a whole lot of "materials" gave me like 1500 of everything or something.

9. Aoko

Aoko Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New person here. I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem with Jump Ultimate Stars as I have. It seems to hang randomly during gameplay. The first time, it was during the game loading black screen with the little cube in the corner. The second was in the middle of a battle, when I tried to access one of the komas on the touch screen. I'm using an SD Mini SuperCard for this. All my other games work fine, though.

10. foux

foux Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Tip Top
    I'm waiting for this games [​IMG]

11. DigitalSilence

DigitalSilence Advanced Member

United States
    ive had alot of fun unlocking characters and playing wth koma but I sure would like a save file like the one someone posted for Bleach 2nd... is anybody willing/allowed to post or link to one... please? [​IMG]

P.S.: I

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ^^ndstitle, 1325^^,