x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried it out and it's as fun as the Famitsu articles described it
laugh.gif
They could have just made the entire game stylus only instead of having you use the D-Pad to move, though.

So, quick play....

Intro
First, a mysterious voice will speak to the lazying Tingle in his little tree house. After the conversation, leave the house and go left to the springs. Tap it to meet Rupee Jii in the sky who will tell you about the paradise known as Rupee Land. He gaves Tingle a transformation, throwing away the name you entered earlier. Now you can throw some Rupees into the spring. Don't throw them all however because Rupees are your life now! Zero Rupees mean you die so throw a few in say 10.

Saving & Recipe Book
Once the conversation is over, head back to the tree house area and Pinkle will call. She tells you about saving using the terminal in the house. So go inside, use the terminal and select the option to save. After saving, a new option will appear where you can ask Pinkle about all sorts of stuff about the game and she will also give you a recipe book. Nevermind that and tap the bottom-right button to exit.

Battles
Leave the house and go east then up into the plains. A ponytail person will call you. He tells you how to fight. Walk into the toy monster and roll around, tapping the smoke until it's defeated. The boy (?) will use two toy monsters this time. Run into one then roll into the other one before tapping the cloud. After the battle, speak to the boy again and the lesson ends. Now you can beat some monsters in the area for items and Rupees!

Mapping
Go up north to find an old woman who's mapping things out. Speak to her and she'll ask you to complete the map for her. She wants you to mark out the gravestone between the trees so draw a circle between the trees. She will leave you with the map so that you can complete it for her. Go west to find a stone statue of a fish then go into your invent by tapping the lower-right button. Tap the new map button then circle where the fish statue's supposed to be. You now have your map complete!

Cooking
You should have at least 3 bones after killing the monsters nearby. Return to your home and open up the box to bottom-right to get 100 Rupees and a Tingle Bottle. Now tap the pot in the bottom-left. Tap the left button to cook by recipe (right is to experiment freely). Tap the first recipe to make some Tingle Fireworks then the yellow button below. Keep tapping the bones until the liquid is done. Now Tingle will move to the tank where you can put the liquid into the bottle.

The Stores
Exit the house and go SE to find a town. EVERYTHING will cost you Rupees including talking with NPCs. Pay the guard around 10 Rupees to pass then run to the end to find the old lady running the map shop. Speak to her then use the button to show her the completed map. She will pay you and be glad to open up her store again. I htink the other stores should be obvious. The voodoo lady gives information and buys weird items. Pay the stores around 10 Rupees each to open them up.

Making Rupees
Go east to find a crying kid. The fishes ate her (?) fairy doll. Climb up the tree to find a few Rupees. Return and sell your Tingle Fireworks to the old man. You'll have to pay him to speak to him first. Now pay the Rupee lady for some information about the doll. She tells you a fish statue probably ate her daughter's fairy doll. So go back out to find the fish statue. Tap it for the doll then return it to the girl. Run back pass the voodoo lady shop and she will thank you. She offers to pay you Rupees and you only have ONE chance to say how much you want. I tried 100 and failed
tongue.gif
More info and quests can be found this way or you can just keep beating monsters for Rupees.

...And that's my quick start guide! Have fun reaching Rupee Land
biggrin.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When i actually heard they were making a game out of this guy i it was the stupiest thing, but when i watched one of the movie it looked kinda good in a way. One thing is for sure ther is no game out there that's nothing like it, and i guess that's the reason it might stand out from all the other games.
happy.gif

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus did anyone play through the first dungeon? This stuff is comedy gold! Also anyone know where to go afterwards?

EDIT: nevermind i got it.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me it's coming to EU/USA (English).

As of right now Nintendo isn't sure on if they are going to bring Tingle to the states yet or not. They are asking that people post on the Nintendo forms or email them so they can gauge the interest level and see if it would be profitable enough to bring to the states.

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if it does make it to the states, they're gonna have to edit out the hardgay construction worker at the bridges (after level one). You think I'm kidding?

Sunglasses + low-cut spandex + boots + big smile + VIGOROUS PELVIC THRUSTING = fucking Hardgay

Ares_Real

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm stuck in the second level (the beach)... I gave 200 rupees to a guy who repaired the bridge, I go to a bar with the muscle guy icon and then I stuck...anyone know what to do?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah that NOA poll I took it. Longer answer short I basically said I can't stand Tingle, he actually makes me want to turn off a game, and that Wind Waker would have been perfect if he wasn't forced upon the user. I don't like his flaming behavior, his overall flair, and well just any of it. I made it clear that I'd never buy this game and hope they had the good sense not to release it outside Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1