Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
finally I can improve my kanji skills
yaynds.gif
these are the "games" that make the NDS so unique and interesting!!! (I'M SERIOUS)

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now this is what the JLPTs should be like. No multiple choice in the vocabulary paper and you have to write your answers instead from the Kana you're given. And it's not easy
tongue.gif

http://www.core.tdk.co.jp/shop/product/info.asp?gc=XW0142

This "game" expects you to already be fairly proficient in Japanese because it uses a lot of Kanji in its context. Excellent practice for those who plan to take the harder written JP tests. There's also a built in Kanji dictionary which you can search by Kana and view examples of its usage.

laugh.gif
finally I can improve my kanji skillsÂ
yaynds.gif
these are the "games" that make the NDS so unique and interesting!!! (I'M SERIOUS)
Indeed. Besides, Nintendo already announced plans to make the DS more than a games machine.

The titles with built-in dictionaries come in really handy. The internet is great for free resources but, it's not like you're going to carry a huge laptop with you everywhere or even have free Wi-Fi access to check sites. Besides, with the DS you get instant boot
wink.gif

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the whole game is japanese, there is no english in it, i think. it covers all the ikkyuu kanjis which is great for me, if the english meaning of each kanji was in there aswell, it would be perfect!

godbuns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So weird that they would make a game for translation that only works one way ...the code is already there. To bad i would have liked to learn some Japanese

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually this "game" is not for translation, but for training your kanji-reading and -writing skills. many japanese people don't handwrite kanjis regularly (cause everybody is using computers), so even well-educated adults sometimes have problems with kanjis. thats why "games" like this or tv shows about kanjis are so popular right now...

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyone know if this works in reverse as well, ie enter word or letter in english and it will display in Japanese?

What you'll be looking for is a two way dictionary like Rakubiki Jiten.
actually this "game" is not for translation, but for training your kanji-reading and -writing skills. many japanese people don't handwrite kanjis regularly (cause everybody is using computers), so even well-educated adults sometimes have problems with kanjis. thats why "games" like this or tv shows about kanjis are so popular right now...
Just in case anyone who knows a Sino language was wondering, he's talking about the level 1 (1 kyuu) Kanji you need to know to pass the level 1 JLPT test. Kanji isn't really divided into levels unless you're taking this test and you need guidance about what Kanji to learn
wink.gif

And yes, everyone can just type the Romaji equivalent of Kanji on computers these days, you don't need to know how to write them... Unless you work in HK and you use the Cangjie/Quick Stroke method of entering characters.

njt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the whole game is japanese, there is no english in it, i think. it covers all the ikkyuu kanjis which is great for me, if the english meaning of each kanji was in there aswell, it would be perfect!

hmm if you are aiming for the ?? then having the english with the kanji isn't really needed, the meanings are explained fairly easily (I'm also aiming to pass it, this year I hope
tongue.gif
)

But yeah it's a great game! at 4,000 ? it's a bargain
wink.gif
. Now off to the story again *vanish*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality