T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
After a quick play I like it. You don't really have to be familiar with the previous games to understand what to do either. Stealth Kills or finish levels without being seen is the name of the game here, or.. run fast and slice everything!
The views from the previous games have gone, this is like a pulled back overhead view now, very much like a tactics game! When you slash someone up it shows a small cut scene on the bottom screen of the guy you cut up, and how you did it. They also drop items.
I don't know whether to play more or wait for an English version now.

Its been made by FROM SOFTWARE who I really really love. These guys are totally underated IMO. They have made some great games like Otogi and Otogi 2: Myth of Demons, also METAL WOLF CHAOS which is a great Mech Action game with fully destructable enviroments and vehicles (you play as the US President in a Mech suit LOADED with weapons, its a real blast fest). If you have a modded Xbox I can't stress enough how much you should try Metal Wolf Chaos and witness its bad voice acting! lol Apart from that it rules. The game menus are in JAP but everything else is English its sweet. I was also looking forward to Em Enchant Arm for x360 by FS, but after the JPN release some magazines have bashed the game too much for my money. If it ever gets a US or EUR release maybe it will be tidied up.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Well it depends on what you want, if you don't mind not reading story yet then sure play it. I've played through many games in Japanese from Castlevanias to Metal Gear to Resident Evil to Zeldas and many more so I consider my tolerance high.
It depends how much you want to play the game, even though I know I could probably finish it or get quite far, I think I might wait as I like the series, like the developer, and find the game appealing from a quick go of this release. The trap you fall into is if you do play far or finish it, you sometimes find yourself dissapointed and not bother to play through when the USA release comes out. I've done that with a few games like Zelda Minish Cap and Metal Gear Ac!d.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing a menu-translation (more like explanation) now. I'll post the results soon.

EDIT: I didn't mean romhack. I took pictures of all the menu options i've seen so far and am explaining them by editing the pictures.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...also METAL WOLF CHAOS which is a great Mech Action game with fully destructable enviroments and vehicles (you play as the US President in a Mech suit LOADED with weapons, its a real blast fest). If you have a modded Xbox I can't stress enough how much you should try Metal Wolf Chaos and witness its bad voice acting! lol Apart from that it rules...
lol, I played the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos, which hidden on an Xbox demo disc. It was pretty over the top, but was pretty fun.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

PlayingKarrde

Entered 77
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really liked the first Tenchu, but all subsequent ones have been astonishingly bad (esp Tenchu 2 and the PSP one). The control method is so rigid and unresponsive, and for a NINJA game too?? But this one looks promising since it seems to take more of a Metal Gear approach to movement which is so much more intuitive.

I've always been excited when a new Tenchu was released as I always hoped they fixed the bad controls, but always disappointed soon after. I'll give this a go though.

Thanks for the translation too.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translations:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5746/darkshadow7hx.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8561/loadgame5eq.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/9159/loadgame31yy.jpg
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8411/realmenu2it.jpg

More translations (of the wifi menu and of the menu leading into the game) will be posted in 2 hours or so. I'm going to play TES4: Oblivion
and once I'm done I'll post the rest of the images.

Oh boy, I really needed those translations
smile.gif

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The item menu just below where you select a mission (the one where Temp-er doesn't know what it does) allows you to make items with some of the raw materials that you gather. As you finish missions, you will unlock new stuff to make. For example, the first thing you can make is a riceball, and you need one of those bamboo sticks and some grass to make it. Also, shurikens require a single piece of rock, etc. When you are making stuff, you can sometimes make stuff really good and get stars on them. One star gives you a +1 to the item, making it more effective. I got 2 stars on a riceball, but I think you can probably go up to 3 stars.

I still don't know what the menu under the kill animation menu is for, but it looks like it would be for special items or stuff that you've collected/unlocked, etc.

The bottom right menu, with the ninjas in the back and stuff is to save your game (I think). It then gives you a menu with Iie (no) and hai (yes). If you pick no, you go back to the game, and if you pick yes, you quit to the main menu. So it just saves your game and asks you if you want to quit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1