Review NDSPLAYER REVIEW

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice review, I just have one question..
omegableach said:
1.Introduction

Ever since the famous r4 team has broken up, people have been expecting or atleast wishing for a flashcard DEV team as good as them...now the nplayer team claime that part of their DEV team is from the R4 DEV team, meaning that perhaps the NPlayer is not a clone of the R4, but rather an enhanced version!
I'm not attacking or anything, I'm just really curious....what is so good about them?! They didn't invent anything, they weren't the first slot 1 cart makers, they didn't make the most powerful cart, they couldn't handle the competition..
I'm not flaming, I'm not trolling I really don't think they were that good, even at the peek of their popularity!!

And for quite some time, Team Cyclops is by far superior and better than them....and most of others are at least as good (or even better)..
EZ Team, M3 Team, SuperCard Team.....

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omegableach said:
Tropicana said:
Not a bad start for a review, but could use some more pictures, and colors. Organize the review a bit while at it.
Like how? Any critisism is appreciated
tongue.gif
Thanks
smile.gif
Bold and big letters for the headers of each section, green letters for pros, red for cons etc, those were just a few basic things to make it easier to read and stuff.

Toni: It's 'peak' Toni.

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mei-o said:
omegableach said:
Tropicana said:
Not a bad start for a review, but could use some more pictures, and colors. Organize the review a bit while at it.
Like how? Any critisism is appreciated
tongue.gif
Thanks
smile.gif
Bold and big letters for the headers of each section, green letters for pros, red for cons etc, those were just a few basic things to make it easier to read and stuff.

Toni: It's 'peak' Toni.
Some things were removed when I copied and pasted it from DStemp, such as the headers
tongue.gif
Meh, Thanks anyways
smile.gif

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
Nice review, I just have one question..
omegableach said:
1.Introduction

Ever since the famous r4 team has broken up, people have been expecting or atleast wishing for a flashcard DEV team as good as them...now the nplayer team claime that part of their DEV team is from the R4 DEV team, meaning that perhaps the NPlayer is not a clone of the R4, but rather an enhanced version!
I'm not attacking or anything, I'm just really curious....what is so good about them?! They didn't invent anything, they weren't the first slot 1 cart makers, they didn't make the most powerful cart, they couldn't handle the competition..
I'm not flaming, I'm not trolling I really don't think they were that good, even at the peek of their popularity!!

And for quite some time, Team Cyclops is by far superior and better than them....and most of others are at least as good (or even better)..
EZ Team, M3 Team, SuperCard Team.....
sleep.gif
... So many answers for this...
Short story:
R4 was the 1st team to make a great working flashcard that didn't matter what speed the microsd was, no game patching, etc...along with GREAT support. Theyve been hiding ever since Nintendo wanted to sue them ...

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
I wouldn't say that's a valid answer at all... First, the R4 is a microSD speed dependent cart. Slot 2 carts at the time were able to play games better with the same MicroSD, the EZV was also able to play games better with hybrid mode. The R4 wasn't the 1st cart to make a "great working flashcard" because arguably, that was team DSX. They put out the DSX and it was a huge success, it didn't need game patching, the cart was revolutionary in the fact that homebrew worked better on it than on other carts, etc. The R4 was put out at the right time with the right pricetag, that is it, they weren't particularly successful in anything, except perhaps advertisement?
You HAVE to admit it, they had a GREAT support team...
The DSX??? The team dropped support for it some time ago and don't even update the game compatibility! I didn't know about how good the Ez flash was...meh...I guess price was a factor as well...

EDIT: the team has updated their card today...

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess its because of the R4 brand name, that has influenced so many people. Whenever I ask my friends how they download games onto their DS, they always say the same thing "R4." When I tell them that I use an AceKard their like WTf is that.

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
13375p34k3r said:
I guess its because of the R4 brand name, that has influenced so many people. Whenever I ask my friends how they download games onto their DS, they always say the same thing "R4." When I tell them that I use an AceKard their like WTf is that.
Exactly the same thing I get...when someone says R4, I think n00b
tongue.gif

Mailyfesux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omegableach said:
Some things were removed when I copied and pasted it from DStemp, such as the headers
tongue.gif
Meh, Thanks anyways
smile.gif
So you're saying you didnt write it.?

anyways.. The reason why everyone knows about the r4 and not the dsx, is because of their prices. The dsx was an expensive option to the already existing slot 2 cartridges. There was no need to buy something that expensive to get the same results. When the r4 came out though, things changed and people didnt need to pay a limb to upgrade their stuff.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i loved my r4 until it broke down, if it hadn't i would still use it!

but by the time it broke down there were cheaper (better?) solutions out there.

you cant deny that the r4 still gets the job done, it plays games.

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
omegableach said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I wouldn't say that's a valid answer at all... First, the R4 is a microSD speed dependent cart. Slot 2 carts at the time were able to play games better with the same MicroSD, the EZV was also able to play games better with hybrid mode. The R4 wasn't the 1st cart to make a "great working flashcard" because arguably, that was team DSX. They put out the DSX and it was a huge success, it didn't need game patching, the cart was revolutionary in the fact that homebrew worked better on it than on other carts, etc. The R4 was put out at the right time with the right pricetag, that is it, they weren't particularly successful in anything, except perhaps advertisement?
You HAVE to admit it, they had a GREAT support team...
The DSX??? The team dropped support for it some time ago and don't even update the game compatibility! I didn't know about how good the Ez flash was...meh...I guess price was a factor as well...

EDIT: the team has updated their card today...

Perhaps you don't understand what I mean. The DSX dropped support, and so did R4 team. Between the two, I see that the R4 supported their cart for longer, but at this point they are both gone. I'm saying that at the time, DSX seemed to be THE cart to get, regardless of what you think now. If you complain and whine about the DSX team, then you have to say the same about the R4 team.

I am VERY skeptical about the NPlayer team being part of the R4 team because their updates are utter trash. Their updates are similar/identical to that of the N5, the latest update, albeit is different, but they seem to be following the pattern the N5 team is putting out. Minor fixes for compatibility of games. If you seriously believe that they are the R4 team, do you think they'd have such minor updates and have an identical product to the clone?

You cannot argue that the R4 team had a great support team because in terms of the frequency of their updates, they were beat, in terms of the actual content of their updates, they were beat. Even price-wise, they were beat. I CAN argue that the R4 did not have a great support team. They had good support, decent support, but it was their winning product that sold. There were teams out there that did a much better job of updating, and of course, put in the fact that they abandoned their own product, they don't look too good. Now I have to say, the reason the R4 was successful was because they struck a really good balance of ease of use and features.
I agree with you, R4 was not THAT good...
but:
DSX and R4 dropped support for different reasons, the DSX just didn't want to condone piracy and did not listen to their customers, the R4 team dropped support because they were going to GET SUED BY NINTENDO, before so they were releasing updates rather frequently.

I'm not completely sure about Nplayer being from part of the R4 team either, let us see what updates they release...

The r4 team was SERIOUSLY BEAT IN THE PRICE...the stores and the team jacked the prices up because the r4 was so popular...but pricewise, the R4 was FAR more cheaper than the DSX. But not to other flashcards...

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mailyfesux said:
omegableach said:
tongue.gif
Meh, Thanks anyways
smile.gif
So you're saying you didnt write it.?

anyways.. The reason why everyone knows about the r4 and not the dsx, is because of their prices. The dsx was an expensive option to the already existing slot 2 cartridges. There was no need to buy something that expensive to get the same results. When the r4 came out though, things changed and people didnt need to pay a limb to upgrade their stuff.
No, I wrote that review on DStemp...so I DID write it
mad.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm....actually, to be honest...when DS-X was released, it was the best choice you could get, and R4 wasn't that popular in the beginning..It became very popular some time after that, but this is not talk about popularity of the cart!

I merely stated that R4 team was never anything special..never! Cart was, but team didn't brought anything new or special!

I agree with everything that PharaohVizier wrote..he has point..
And one more thing, EZ Team is by far older and more experienced when it comes to flashcarts!! So I agree with most of your review, just not that introduction!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I'm not completely sure either....Can't quite remember the "timeline" but from what I know, they actually drastically slowed down updates (if not completely stopped them), before Nintendo announced war against R4-a-like devices..

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, I'm not completely sure either....Can't quite remember the "timeline" but from what I know, they actually drastically slowed down updates (if not completely stopped them), before Nintendo announced war against R4-a-like devices..
mmm....k, I guess I dont know the exact timeline either, just thinking of the most logical explanation...

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It isn't actually important!!
I was just interested in why you did such introduction in your review, I don't agree with it, but hey...It's your review, and everything other than that was excellent!!
wink.gif

Really, great job!! I'm sorry I even brought this up!

omegableach

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
It isn't actually important!!
I was just interested in why you did such introduction in your review, I don't agree with it, but hey...It's your review, and everything other than that was excellent!!
wink.gif

Really, great job!! I'm sorry I even brought this up!
Thanks!
smile.gif
It's ok , you brought up a good argument
tongue.gif

AdrN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
It certainly looks like an R4 clone. If the download site ever loads up for me I'll compare the loader to the clone R4 loaders in a hex editor and we'll see for sure.

Edit: It's a clone.
Im having the same problem, i just got this thing and i cant get into the site. Can someone tell me where the heck the files i need for this thing are!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +1