Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: I've figured out what ndspatch.dat does (Contains save sizes and ROM names) but I don't know if ndsinfo.dat replaces it in EOS?

It's been awhile since I've used my SuperCard DS ONE V2 so I recently loaded EOS SP5 onto it and I'm wondering about some .dat files.

First, I've had userpatch.dat in my EOS from prior versions but I can't find an updated one lately. What does userpatch.dat do?

Secondly I've noticed in EOS there's also a "ds1patch.dat" file. Is this for AP patching?

As a side note I found that the readme for EOS SP5 has a note at the bottom that says:

"Note: Old version patch database can not be use in new OS. "

Which patch database is the old one?

My question to the community is which one is which and what do they do?

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ds1patch.dat is for game patching (like anti piracy stuff, the in-game menu). That's why some games occasionally need you to install an updated one for either anti-piracy or compatibility issues. As far as I can remember, ndspatch.dat is the old Supercard OS (that is, before EOS) analog to this. Weirdly, it also seems to be called that on the DSTwo.

IIRC ndsinfo.dat has all the ROM names (save types too I think). Again, this is different than DSTwo as DSTwo doesn't appear to need this (it seems to get all the info from the ROM itself).

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
9th_Sage said:
ds1patch.dat is for game patching (like anti piracy stuff, the in-game menu). That's why some games occasionally need you to install an updated one for either anti-piracy or compatibility issues. As far as I can remember, ndspatch.dat is the old Supercard OS (that is, before EOS) analog to this. Weirdly, it also seems to be called that on the DSTwo.

IIRC ndsinfo.dat has all the ROM names (save types too I think). Again, this is different than DSTwo as DSTwo doesn't appear to need this (it seems to get all the info from the ROM itself).

So if I've got this right, ndspatch.dat was for the old SuperCard OS and EOS uses ndsinfo.dat instead?

That just leaves the userpatch.dat then. I can't remember if it was the old OS or EOS that used it but it did something which was why I added it.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blackout said:
So if I've got this right, ndspatch.dat was for the old SuperCard OS and EOS uses ndsinfo.dat instead?

That just leaves the userpatch.dat then. I can't remember if it was the old OS or EOS that used it but it did something which was why I added it.
Well, ndspatch is to the old OS (and DSTwo) what ds1patch is to EOS. I'm assuming the name difference is just so no one tries to use DSTwo patch files for the DSOne. I'm not really sure what userpatch.dat is, I don't think I've ever seen it in a standard Supercard update that I can remember.

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
9th_Sage said:
Well, ndspatch is to the old OS (and DSTwo) what ds1patch is to EOS. I'm assuming the name difference is just so no one tries to use DSTwo patch files for the DSOne. I'm not really sure what userpatch.dat is, I don't think I've ever seen it in a standard Supercard update that I can remember.

It was a user made .dat that was applied to the OS which explains why it isn't in the official SC updates.

I found a thread here that mentions the userpatch.dat: http://is.gd/g8Itn Post #7 makes a reference to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended