Hacking NDSi Action Replay

Riversong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in need of a replacement Action Replay (yes, I still buy a couple of games, and not do ROM downloads), and had a few questions: has anyone bought the Action Replay for the DSi, yet? If so, do you know whether or not it works on DSi enhanced games? I ask because I have heard rumors that DSi enhanced games are setup differently than basic DS games, in the way of there are region restrictions and other things of that nature.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi Enhanced games access functions that are exclusive to DSi, which hasn't been hacked yet so its not possible to alter those aspects.

I don't know of any examples but it should be possible to cheat in a DSi enhanced game running in DS/DSLite mode. You won't be able to use the cameras, extra ram/processor, or WPA mode wireless in it in this mode though. I don't have an action replay device myself and thats something someone else will have to confirm/deny or you find out through research.

The only difference between a DSi Action Replay and a DS Action Replay is that it's going to be able to boot in a DSi whereas the older model will not because it is blocked; because it is not a licensed Nintendo product. The DSi one isn't either, but it uses a known workaround to bypass "flashcart detection".

Riversong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
DSi Enhanced games access functions that are exclusive to DSi, which hasn't been hacked yet so its not possible to alter those aspects.

I don't know of any examples but it should be possible to cheat in a DSi enhanced game running in DS/DSLite mode. You won't be able to use the cameras, extra ram/processor, or WPA mode wireless in it in this mode though. I don't have an action replay device myself and thats something someone else will have to confirm/deny or you find out through research.

The only difference between a DSi Action Replay and a DS Action Replay is that it's going to be able to boot in a DSi whereas the older model will not because it is blocked; because it is not a licensed Nintendo product. The DSi one isn't either, but it uses a known workaround to bypass "flashcart detection".

You seem to know what you are talking about. I will get one and if I have any problems, I will return it. However, it sounds like it should work...in theory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k