OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Hi,
so... Today i got a broken NDS Phat from my friend. So, now i'm thinking that maybe i could fix it. One thing that need repairing is the upper screen (it's cracked).

My question would be: what could be wrong with this NDS Phat if when turned on, green light lights up, bottom screen flashes white for less than a second and then powers off. Can this be caused by the faulty upper screen? By the way, it charges nicely. The orange light lights up and stays all the time while charging.

Viliasas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
Yes faulty screen (or top screen cable).

If the top screen is cracked replace it and it should be fine

Thanks
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the plastic covering or the screen cracked on the top screen? If the plastic covering is cracked you'll probably need a new case as well to get the new screen covering, you might be able to buy them somewhere though

Viliasas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Is the plastic covering or the screen cracked on the top screen? If the plastic covering is cracked you'll probably need a new case as well to get the new screen covering, you might be able to buy them somewhere though

biggrin.gif
the upper screen is cracked, not the case. By the way, already ordered a replacement from Ebay. Hope that this wont be a waste of money.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Not meaning the case but the clear, plastic covering over the screen. The lens if you will. That seems the most likely piece of the screen to be cracked (to me) so may need replacing along with the screen (which itself may have been damaged by such an impact) I got an extra one with my new case and am unsure whether you get them with any screen replacement packages or can buy seperately.

I sincerely hope that you ordered DSPhat parts rather than DSlite as the systems' screens are set up completely differently from what I remember of the inside of mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo