Hacking Nds lite will not turn on!

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, first of all many thanks to all in advanced who kindly helps my ds diemma here hehe.
smile.gif

About 2 weeks ago i dropped my ds lite in the bath by accident
frown.gif
opps! But i have completely dried it out and unfortunately it will no longer work. Now the green light comes on when i turn it on for a few seconds and the bottom screen flashes for a second or two but that's it. Do i need to replace the hinge cable? as i read on a few places this was the answer?

Also could anyone suggest a good place i could purchase one from im from the uk.

Many thanks to you all!!

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Screen flash usually indicates a ribbon cable problem but considering you dropped it in the bath (seriously what were you doing in there?) anything could have blown from fuses to resistors to the top screen.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
Screen flash usually indicates a ribbon cable problem but considering you dropped it in the bath (seriously what were you doing in there?) anything could have blown from fuses to resistors to the top screen.
Somebody told him he had to use 'clean' ROMs.

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:

Yes somebody did tell me that it could be a ribbon cable issue. So do you believe it will be beyond repair then? is there any way of telling by just looking visualy? I was just chilling in the bath and my hands must have been slightly wet, it just slipped out of my hands.

Thanks!

Nitro Edd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm no expert but is definitely the ribbon to the top screen, as it's the bottom that flashes. If I were you I would open her up and take the ribbon out let it dry a lil more then put it back in.

and cause you live in the UK you could get it fixed from the console doc
http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/

EDIT: on the console doc site it says £50 for water damage.

MilkPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Jamstruth said:
lol. i have the same problem, but i got a new ds. try getting a new ds screen. i think they include the rtibbon cable and cost $12.97 on DX if you are willing to stand thier incredibly slow shipping. *ahem*EZFlash 3in1 that took an month to come *ahem* anyway, with that also probably get a new battery because turning the DS on like that with it shorting out may cause battery damage, at least i think so (shrugs) anyway, I hoope you fix your DS
yaynds.gif

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MilkPSP said:
Depravo said:
Jamstruth said:
lol. i have the same problem, but i got a new ds. try getting a new ds screen. i think they include the rtibbon cable and cost $12.97 on DX if you are willing to stand thier incredibly slow shipping. *ahem*EZFlash 3in1 that took an month to come *ahem* anyway, with that also probably get a new battery because turning the DS on like that with it shorting out may cause battery damage, at least i think so (shrugs) anyway, I hoope you fix your DS
yaynds.gif

Thanks alot guys i just purchased a top screen from sx now so with a bit of luck that might just fix it. Thanks alot for all the help guys you have been all extremely helpful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Actor in the Naked Gun movies