theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I posted a thread a few months ago talking about my NDS lite that had a red top screen...well I decided to open it up see if the ribbon was broken or not

The ribbon was hanging but not by much...so anyway now its completely ripped.

Now when I start the ds it doesn't boot normally. Did I just blow the fuse?? or is it just because the ribbon is NOT connected?

Thanks for the input :)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Because the ribbon is not connected. Careful, as a minor short circuit could blow a fuse, or fry the motherboard. This mainly when one of the screens aren't properly connected

theedge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright thanks...guess I'll buy a new screen!

edit: I have seen a video before where the guy would put eletrical tape all over his LCD screen and he was saying that it would prevent shorts and stuff...can't remember where I've seen it but do you guys suggest I do this?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've done that and works fine..!

Put a some electrical tape right where the lower touchscreen sits (mostly the metal parts where they'd short something) and you're done. Don't put too much as the screen will push the motherboard and buttons will be loose

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would just replace the screen because they are inexpensive to replace.
Also, You won't have to worry having electrical tape in your Nintendo DS Lite. :D

I'm not saying that the electrical tape method wouldn't work or that electrical tape would harm your Nintendo DS Lite.
What I'm saying is that in my opinion the correct way to do the repair is to replace the screen & because it is inexpensive to do you might as well do it right.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/tft-lcd-replacement-module-for-nds-lite-upper-screen-3161

Spencer

:yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la