Hacking NDS, GBA, SNES on N3ds?

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a n3ds with 9.5 emunand using rxtool and a acekard 2i. What are my options for nds, gba and snes games? I know that acekard does not work on 3ds, is there a work around that i haven't heard of? Thanks

P/s: nand unlinked btw, so only emulator for gba and snes ?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds with 9.5 emunand using rxtool and a acekard 2i. What are my options for nds, gba and snes games? I know that acekard does not work on 3ds, is there a work around that i haven't heard of? Thanks

Just use the AGB_FIRM (rxTools automatically patches it) which isn't emulation as the 3ds has GBA hardware built right in... For SNES you'll want blargSNES or one if the retroarch emulators...

GBA CIA maker is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
BlargSNES is here: http://4dsdev.org/thread.php?id=5

Otherwise you can look for Virtual Console ROM injection for NES or other systems you might want to play... As for a flashcart, most that worked on the DSi work on the 3DS (though they may need a firmware update or something)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have a DS flashcard?

If you have a DS flashcard that was able to be used on a 3DS at some point before Nintendo blocked it, you may be able to use it again! Note: The following method will not work for old DS flashcards that were blocked since the release of the original 3DS.

Open the Gateway Ultra download and go into the "Blue Card Fix" folder.
There will be a bluecardfix.cia inside; put it on your 3DS sd card.
Insert your SD back into your 3DS.

On your 3DS:
  • Sysnand and open cia installer (fbi or devmenu2x only other cia installers will not work) .
  • if fbi Press L to change Destination to Nand.
  • Select bluecardfix.cia and press A to install it.
  • Choose to overwrite the title if it prompts you.
  • Once done, exit cia installer.
You should now able to use your DS flashcard on your 3DS.
Things to note:

• If your DS flashcard still doesn't work, then it will probably never work on your 3DS.
  • You can use your DS flashcard in any mode (Sysnand, RxMode, Devmode), but exiting the card will bring you back to regular sysnand.
  • Running a DS flashcard will remove your MSET exploit if you have one (see the next section).
  • You can use a DS flashcard to easily install the MSET exploit (see the next section).
this worked for me now i can play my ak2i on my 9.0 sysnand 2ds
also i edited this quote to see the original read here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: samiam144

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current state for emulators on a N3DS with CFW:

Most accurate SNES emulator (high compatability but slowest due to that) - SNES9xNext

Fastest SNES emulator (but most inaccurate especially on the sound) - PocketSNES and CatSFC

Balanced SNES emulator (good speed and sound) - CatSFC Plus

For GBA emulation on 3DS:

Mgba is the most accurate, but gpsp is the fastest.

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use the AGB_FIRM (rxTools automatically patches it) which isn't emulation as the 3ds has GBA hardware built right in... For SNES you'll want blargSNES or one if the retroarch emulators...

GBA CIA maker is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
BlargSNES is here: http://4dsdev.org/thread.php?id=5

Otherwise you can look for Virtual Console ROM injection for NES or other systems you might want to play... As for a flashcart, most that worked on the DSi work on the 3DS (though they may need a firmware update or something)

Ok so i done some research, so i need linked nand to play on emunand, but unlinked nand can play gba in "sysnand" only right? So i just boot rxtool in sysnand, install gba cia and play? Will install gba cia have any chances of bricking my 3ds? Buying a 9.0 system already cost me fortune so i dont wanna risk it. Thanks

this worked for me now i can play my ak2i on my 9.0 sysnand 2ds
also i edited this quote to see the original read here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Does this work on emunand? I unlinked nand by formating sysnand so fbi no longer there. Can i install fbi back with usual method? (cake sig disable then fbi 3dsx to install fbi cia)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i done some research, so i need linked nand to play on emunand, but unlinked nand can play gba in "sysnand" only right? So i just boot rxtool in sysnand, install gba cia and play? Will install gba cia have any chances of bricking my 3ds? Buying a 9.0 system already cost me fortune so i dont wanna risk it. Thanks

Does this work on emunand? I unlinked nand by formating sysnand so fbi no longer there. Can i install fbi back with usual method? (cake sig disable then fbi 3dsx to install fbi cia)
1.) some user have reported it working in emunand if you do thes steps in emunand as well as sysnand, but this must be done in sysnand
2.) yes you can install fbi again like you once did

also about yor gba .cias if you like with the blucardfix.cia (for ds flashcards) install them to both sysnand and emunand then you can use them from emunand with unlinked nands

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Kingofknights

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1.0 some user have reported it working in emunand if you do thes steps in emunand as well as sysnand, but this must be done in sysnand
2.) yes you can install fbi again like you once did

also about yor gba .cias if you like with the blucardfix.cia (for ds flashcards) install them to both sysnand and emunand then you can use them from emunand with unlinked nands

... So bluecardfix.cia work in rxtool emunand? I read some thread and lots of ppl report that it does not work. Thanks

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... So bluecardfix.cia work in rxtool emunand? I read some thread and lots of ppl report that it does not work. Thanks
i am one that it does not work in emunand for but as i sais most people say that when installed to both sysnand and emunand that it works from emunand
the same is definitely true of gba cias

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i am one that it does not work in emunand for but as i sais most people say that when installed to both sysnand and emunand that it works from emunand
the same is definitely true of gba cias

Have you tried installing to both? Dont really want to touch anything with sysnand :(

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried installing to both? Dont really want to touch anything with sysnand :(
it will not touch anything important installing to sysNAND... because what you're actually doing is just installing them to the SD card, it's just as safe as installing from the eShop since it and any CIA installer just does exactly the same thing... about the only thing that can hurt is if you mess with NAND stuff... bluecardfix is fully safe to install (if something goes wrong then it only brick DS mode which can easily be recovered) same with AGB_FIRM.... hope it helps (btw I have installed all of this stuff along with many other users)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have tried
and to get that ak2i to work at all in your 3ds you need install bluecardfix.cia to sysnand destination nand then you can play it from there
gateway gives it out in there install package in order to "fix" there "blue" ds "flashcard" hence "bluecardfix"

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current state for emulators on a N3DS with CFW:

Most accurate SNES emulator (high compatability but slowest due to that) - SNES9xNext

Fastest SNES emulator (but most inaccurate especially on the sound) - PocketSNES and CatSFC

Balanced SNES emulator (good speed and sound) - CatSFC Plus

For GBA emulation on 3DS:

Mgba is the most accurate, but gpsp is the fastest.

The absolute best method for GBA titles is to instal AGBFIRM and then install the GBA VC titles, injects work flawlessly too, if you go to a certain ISO site, there is already a very large selection of gba .cia titles. Keep in mind that for unlinked emunand, the AGBFIRM and any GBA VC title you install also have to be installed to your sysNAND, same goes for any DSiware

Last edited by duffmmann,

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it will not touch anything important installing to sysNAND... because what you're actually doing is just installing them to the SD card, it's just as safe as installing from the eShop since it and any CIA installer just does exactly the same thing... about the only thing that can hurt is if you mess with NAND stuff... bluecardfix is fully safe to install (if something goes wrong then it only brick DS mode which can easily be recovered) same with AGB_FIRM.... hope it helps (btw I have installed all of this stuff along with many other users)

But isnt bluecardfix must be installed to nand rather than SD?

yes i have tried
and to get that ak2i to work at all in your 3ds you need install bluecardfix.cia to sysnand destination nand then you can play it from there
gateway gives it out in there install package in order to "fix" there "blue" ds "flashcard" hence "bluecardfix"

Guess i'll give it a try

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The absolute best method for GBA titles is to instal AGBFIRM and then install the GBA VC titles, injects work flawlessly too, if you go to a certain ISO site, there is already a very large selection of gba .cia titles. Keep in mind that for unlinked emunand, the AGBFIRM and any GBA VC title you install also have to be installed to your sysNAND, same goes for any DSiware

With AGB, games run perfectly, but they have an awful motion blur in my opinion. Maybe there is a way to fix that issue, or maybe extract the official emulator itself and improve it (like with popsloader on psp), but I don't know if that is possible right now.

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it is installed to NAND (sorry if I didn't make that clear) but as I said above even if something goes wrong it only bricks DS mode (not 3DS mode) meaning it's recoverable ;)
Alr thanks, that sounds convincing Lol

if you use bbm it will auto-select the nand or sd destination for you

Here will be my step. Boot cake in sysnand n install bbm, then use bbm to install bluecardfix in both sysnand and emunand, then use my acekard on emunand. As for gba, boot rxtool in sysnand and install cia to play. Rxtool alr patch that agbfirm right?

Edit one more thing, since gba install to sd meaning if it does brick then can i just delete the title folder in sdcard to recover?

Last edited by Kingofknights,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With AGB, games run perfectly, but they have an awful motion blur in my opinion. Maybe there is a way to fix that issue, or maybe extract the official emulator itself and improve it (like with popsloader on psp), but I don't know if that is possible right now.
it's called filtering... in some cases it can make things look better but in this case it looks bad... also not emulation, full GBA hardware inside the 3ds

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true but with the newer rxtools builds you no longer need to patch agb firmware the cfw does that on the fly B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro