NDS emulator for PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Shackled, Aug 10, 2010.

Aug 10, 2010

NDS emulator for PSP by Shackled at 3:25 PM (2,388 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Shackled
    OP

Newcomer Shackled Advanced Member

Australia
    Is there a NDS emulator for PSP or has that idea been totally scrapped?

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    o.o

How would you EVER get two screens, one of those a touch screen, on a non-touch screen psp?
    On a computer it's possible because of the mouse...
    On an iPad it MIGHT be possible because of the bigger screen, touch screen, and processor...
    The only device that MIGHT be capable of ds emulation besides the computer is an iPad...
    But the psp doesn't have a touchscreen o.o

One ds screen is slightly smaller than the psp screen, how would you fit two on the psp screen?

I don't own a psp myself, so I'm not sure about the screen size [​IMG] but I thought it was slightly bigger

3. KirovAir

Member KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Netherlands
    I believe the plan was to only emulate the top screen, to play pokemon, for example. I'm not sure about that.

4. filomancio

Newcomer filomancio Newbie

Italy

Pokémon needs the touch screen (DPPt for the pokétch and HG SS for the menu)

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It was POC only...and besides there are plenty of decent non touch screen games.

6. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Well a new version came out, with improved frame rate - it manages to run the 3rd Phoenix Wright game at 12 FPS.

7. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    There is no way to play NDS games at a playable rate on the PSP.

We all wish, eh?

8. Shackled
    OP

Australia
    I ask because I've seen on Youtube people operating NDS emulators on their PSPs although they are often very slow but they do somehow incorporate the touch screen as well. I would like an efficient NDS emulator so that I can play DS games on the go without having to resort to buying a flash card - I tried to buy one by the way but unfortunately, it seemed to have got lost in the mail or customs might have confiscated it without my knowledge so in case of the latter being true, I am not risking it anymore.

9. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    just buy another flashcard. emulation can't beat the real hardware and flashcards are pretty cheap nowadays.

10. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    OK so buy from a trusted Company/source. I got my Cyclo Evolution from Real Hot Stuff, however if you dont live in the states are want to buy it from elsewhere heres a list of places that sell it http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...page=wheretobuy

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    He's Aussie so here's a reputable Aussie flashcart shop. They've provided samples for GBAtemp to review (such as the WODE) and they have an account for the forum to respond to any threads regarding them.

Not sure of any other Aussie modchip stores unfortunately, I'm US based myself so I usually buy from RealHotStuff (since they're located about 20 mins from me so my stuff gets here in about a day).

12. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    There are others, but that's pretty much the one you want to get it from since they're the cheapest and even if they aren't, they'll price match. Don't wait for an emulator for PSP because it's simply not capable of it and that's disregarding control issues. Get a flashcart from OzModChips and you won't need to worry about customs confiscating it.

13. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    On the right system, emulation can beat the real hardware, just not on the Psp.

14. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    Im gonna directly answer your question.

There is one.
    The idea might not be totally scraped, but I dont think anyone is still bothering with it.

And i tried this emulator, you play it with your psp on sideways. didnt play any game i put in though.

15. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
  16. Shackled
    OP

Australia
    I have known about OzModChips and other stores such as Quadtronics but why I tried to buy from overseas in the first place is because their prices are just ridiculously expensive. For example, an R4 card apparently costs 5 bucks USD at a variety of non-Australian stores yet at OzModChips, $44 AUD for the same product - that spread is really BS. So while I face risk from customs confiscating a flashcart, I want to find a shop that has recently successfully delivered flashcarts to Australia to mitigate that but I guess in the mean time, I will be using emulators at home.

Anyways, since nobody seems to be developing the idea, which is understandable, then I guess I will continue my endeavour of finding accessible and affordable NDS gaming elsewhere.

17. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    A DS?

18. Shackled
    OP

Australia
    FYI, I do have a ds. I would not have attempted to buy a flashcart otherwise.