Homebrew Nds browser(s).

imsonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to find a ds internet bowser that would work for the cyclods. All so if you got any links to any nds browser so it is eaiser for other to find.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
dont forget links, retawq and TinyML.
all part of the dslinux suite.
(TinyML is basically opera with less features and lots of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was operating under the assumption that all he has is a slot-1 device. Retawq might be usable for small pages without slot-2 RAM, but Links and TinyML (or PIXIL at all for that matter) definitely require more RAM in order to run without crashing.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
well, if u have a slot-2 ram pak, go with links cos the download speed is incredibly fast (MY tests show dling using bunjalloo maxes to 6kbps. Links dl speed maxed to 25kbps)
...well fast for a DS anyways
tongue.gif
sadly its not graphical but that doesnt annoy me
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"links -g" launches graphical Links. Of course, text is screwed up in this mode, but the point is it works. You can make it look better with some command-line options, which I've saved in a script I call "GLINKS":

Code:
#!/bin/sh

links -g -dither-images 1 -display-optimize 1 -html-image-scale 75 -menu-font-size 8 -aspect-on 1 -dither-letters 1 -html-user-font-size 8 %1

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Graphical Links with command line arguments to legible-it-up is great. I've downloaded things from MegaUpload using it. I was without a PC for a couple of weeks a while back, and managed to download a couple of WiiWare games directly on the DS. I felt like MacGuyver, but for piracy.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
awesome dantheman :links work in graphics mode....but..yea it is fucked up.
ill try ur script once i get on a pc
EDIT: how do i do that script thing?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use vi to create a new file with that text in it, and put it in /usr/bin with whatever name you want (again I use "GLINKS" but you can use whatever).

The "%1" at the end means that you can type "glinks www.google.com" and it will work. If it wasn't there, Links would launch in graphical mode but wouldn't even try to go to the website, so you'd have to press "g" and try to blindly type the url in that way. I've also got it set to scale images to 75% of their normal size, but you can change that number if you'd like.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
umm...i don't know how to save in vi, so i tried in notepad and deleted the .txt.
i get..
Code:
#glinks www.google.com
BINFNT_FLAT: bad magic/revÂÂ(0x73202d67, need 0x4)
BINFNT_FLAT: bad magic/revÂÂ(0x73202d67, need 0x4)
glinks: applet not found
#

mind if u upload ur copy of glinks script?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because Windows line endings are different than Unix-style line endings. Try "dos2unix GLINKS" (use the actual file location if necessary) to see if that helps.

I've got an old copy of mine at http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/GLINKS but it doesn't have the %1 at the end like it should, and scales images to 90%. Open with vi and change that if you wish. To save and exit with vi, press Esc until you're in command mode, type ":x" (colon x) and hit Enter.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think ds browsers will never really become what they need to be although the dsi browser has made progress it is still very slow, although once more breakthroughs in the dsi happen then it may be possible to program a more efficient(uses all the dsi's potential) browser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: