NDS Backup Adapter

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by soldevice, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

NDS Backup Adapter by soldevice at 1:15 AM (1,668 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. soldevice
    OP

Newcomer soldevice Member

United States
  2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    It'd be better to just buy a m3i zero or acekard (which are 20 dollars and under on dealextreme) because there's homebrew that can backup saves, restore the saves to original flashcarts, and backup the actual roms from the real game cart. Plus you get the ability to play roms, other homebrew, etc.

3. soldevice
    OP

United States
    I have an R4 (unfortunately a fake SDHC one cuz I didn't know any better back then...), but I had bought a number of games before I found out and bought my flashcard. So I want to transfer the saves of my old legit game carts to my R4 and utilize them for my ROMs.

4. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Yah you don't have to by that adapter there's homebrew that let you wirelessly back them up that should work on your R4.

5. soldevice
    OP

United States
    There is? So I can transfer my official DS cart saves to my R4 wirelessly? What homebrew are you talking about?

6. DeltaBurnt

United States
    There's multiple homebrew out there I'll post a link here later. And it doesn't go straight to your R4 it goes to your computer.

7. soldevice
    OP

United States
    Oh awesome. Thanks. Are the homebrew stuff on this site? If so, I can find em. Just let me know what they're called so I know where to start.

Thanks!

8. DeltaBurnt

United States
  9. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been using the homebrew SAV backup software for years. Recently, I have had problems with European carts and especially Pokemon Platinum (which has two 256 byte saves bundled into one 512 SAV file). This was the justification for me to buy the NDS Backup Adapter. Also, after making my DSi my primary gaming console, I was no longer able to use the Slot-2 solutions and WiFi isn't convenient enough. One last feature of using the NDS Backup Adapter that I like is that it brings down the SAV file in its native file size, which some homebrew utilities have sporadic difficulty with.

10. soldevice
    OP

United States
    Okay, I ran into a snag when I got to the notepad editing portion. When I open up the text file it's all gibberish...nothing like it shows in the example. I opened it with notepad, then with WordPad and they're both unreadable when they open. =/

11. soldevice
    OP

United States
    Anyone? Help... D=

12. kirby145

Newcomer kirby145 Advanced Member

United States
    Notepad is for an .ini

NOT a .nds or .sav

Don't know if that's the prob

13. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Hmmm try redownloading it? You can also use any other type of ftp server, the one in the guide is only recommended because it's quick to setup.

14. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I can tell you I've got one of these quite a while back through Ebay - I did know about this 'wireless backup' business but thought it was too complicated (I like the simple way of doing things) - But I can tell you that it works fine, the only problem I had was getting replacement software.
    I had misplaced the disk for this & trying to find the replacement on the website was V confusing