NDS Adaptor Plus Review

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dudereno, May 13, 2010.

May 13, 2010

NDS Adaptor Plus Review by dudereno at 11:01 PM (1,669 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dudereno
    OP

Member dudereno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    NDS Adaptor Plus Review

[​IMG]

Rough draft of the review is live. Over the coming days, more photos and game tests will be added.

http://two-screens.com/index.php/reviews/n...lus-review.html

2. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been praising this product in almost every "how do I copy my SAV file" thread for over a year (I own both the non-plus and the plus), but never had time for a full review. Now they're popping up everywhere ;-). Glad to know the word is finally getting out.

3. Pyrate02

Member Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can this device do anything besides backing up saves? Can it back up a ROM?

4. Rascal

United States
    It only works on SAVs. At least with the drivers/software included. I've always wondered if someone could write code to make it the perfect ROM dumper. But with the latest WoodDumpers, especially the Slot-2 version, dumping your own ROMs has never been easier.

5. dudereno
    OP

United States
    To my shame I only found out about it recently. Its a great bit of kit. I now have my Etrian Odyssey save safely stashed away. I was surprised that the RAW save didn't need converting to work on the Supercard DSONEi. I'm going to test all the other flash carts to see how they cope.

I have a few questions for you Rascal. You probably know the device inside and out.

1. Are there any games that it doesn't detect? I hope to test warioware d.i.y soon.
    2. What OS do you use?
    3. Are there any Generic game sav editors beyond the pokesav/dragon quest specific ones ?

I'm currently compiling a companion guide to go with the review, so any extra info would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

6. dudereno
    OP

United States
  7. Rascal

United States
    1. I haven't come across any SAVs it won't read/write. Note: It works great for newer Pokemon's that have been problematic with other utils.

2. I run Mac OS X Snow Leopard (but have Win XP running in Parallels for this util).

3. The only other editor I have used, besides Pokesav, is the Animal Crossing editor.

BTW, I don't own Warioware DIY so I can't tell you if it works or not. Hopefully someone else who does will let you know.