OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDS Adaptor Plus Review

thumb_packshot2.jpg

QUOTE said:
Want to backup your precious Mario Kart/Pokemon/Zelda saves? Does your DS game only have one save slot and your little sister wants to play too? Well, EMS have created a handy little device to simplify all your DS save needs.

The NDS Adaptor Plus allows users to backup game saves from DS cartridges to PC or vice versa. Games saves can then be safely archived or converted/edited. Manufactured by EMS, who have been making console products since 1993. The device connects to your PC via USB. Save data is read from the DS cartridge via the Slot 1 interface. The process is simplicity itself. In the past complicated homebrew solutions involving WIFI packet data were one way of reading games saves, but these were prone to errors and hard to set up for the average gamer.

Rough draft of the review is live. Over the coming days, more photos and game tests will be added.

http://two-screens.com/index.php/reviews/n...lus-review.html

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been praising this product in almost every "how do I copy my SAV file" thread for over a year (I own both the non-plus and the plus), but never had time for a full review. Now they're popping up everywhere ;-). Glad to know the word is finally getting out.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It only works on SAVs. At least with the drivers/software included. I've always wondered if someone could write code to make it the perfect ROM dumper. But with the latest WoodDumpers, especially the Slot-2 version, dumping your own ROMs has never been easier.

dudereno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
I've been praising this product in almost every "how do I copy my SAV file" thread for over a year (I own both the non-plus and the plus), but never had time for a full review. Now they're popping up everywhere ;-). Glad to know the word is finally getting out.

To my shame I only found out about it recently. Its a great bit of kit. I now have my Etrian Odyssey save safely stashed away. I was surprised that the RAW save didn't need converting to work on the Supercard DSONEi. I'm going to test all the other flash carts to see how they cope.

I have a few questions for you Rascal. You probably know the device inside and out.

1. Are there any games that it doesn't detect? I hope to test warioware d.i.y soon.
2. What OS do you use?
3. Are there any Generic game sav editors beyond the pokesav/dragon quest specific ones ?

I'm currently compiling a companion guide to go with the review, so any extra info would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. I haven't come across any SAVs it won't read/write. Note: It works great for newer Pokemon's that have been problematic with other utils.

2. I run Mac OS X Snow Leopard (but have Win XP running in Parallels for this util).

3. The only other editor I have used, besides Pokesav, is the Animal Crossing editor.

BTW, I don't own Warioware DIY so I can't tell you if it works or not. Hopefully someone else who does will let you know.

dudereno said:
Rascal said:

To my shame I only found out about it recently. Its a great bit of kit. I now have my Etrian Odyssey save safely stashed away. I was surprised that the RAW save didn't need converting to work on the Supercard DSONEi. I'm going to test all the other flash carts to see how they cope.

I have a few questions for you Rascal. You probably know the device inside and out.

1. Are there any games that it doesn't detect? I hope to test warioware d.i.y soon.
2. What OS do you use?
3. Are there any Generic game sav editors beyond the pokesav/dragon quest specific ones ?

I'm currently compiling a companion guide to go with the review, so any extra info would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr