NDS Adaptor Plus Review

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dudereno, May 13, 2010.

1. dudereno
    OP

dudereno GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2005
    United States
    NDS Adaptor Plus Review

[​IMG]

Rough draft of the review is live. Over the coming days, more photos and game tests will be added.

http://two-screens.com/index.php/reviews/n...lus-review.html

2. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    I've been praising this product in almost every "how do I copy my SAV file" thread for over a year (I own both the non-plus and the plus), but never had time for a full review. Now they're popping up everywhere ;-). Glad to know the word is finally getting out.

3. Pyrate02

Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Can this device do anything besides backing up saves? Can it back up a ROM?

4. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    It only works on SAVs. At least with the drivers/software included. I've always wondered if someone could write code to make it the perfect ROM dumper. But with the latest WoodDumpers, especially the Slot-2 version, dumping your own ROMs has never been easier.

5. dudereno
    OP

dudereno GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2005
    United States
    To my shame I only found out about it recently. Its a great bit of kit. I now have my Etrian Odyssey save safely stashed away. I was surprised that the RAW save didn't need converting to work on the Supercard DSONEi. I'm going to test all the other flash carts to see how they cope.

I have a few questions for you Rascal. You probably know the device inside and out.

1. Are there any games that it doesn't detect? I hope to test warioware d.i.y soon.
    2. What OS do you use?
    3. Are there any Generic game sav editors beyond the pokesav/dragon quest specific ones ?

I'm currently compiling a companion guide to go with the review, so any extra info would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

6. dudereno
    OP

dudereno GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2005
    United States
  7. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    1. I haven't come across any SAVs it won't read/write. Note: It works great for newer Pokemon's that have been problematic with other utils.

2. I run Mac OS X Snow Leopard (but have Win XP running in Parallels for this util).

3. The only other editor I have used, besides Pokesav, is the Animal Crossing editor.

BTW, I don't own Warioware DIY so I can't tell you if it works or not. Hopefully someone else who does will let you know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice