NDS Adapter (for saving my games)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tonycheese, Oct 23, 2009.

Oct 23, 2009
  1. tonycheese
    OP

Newcomer tonycheese Newbie

United States
    hi guys, not sure if this is the right section, but you can imagine searching for "adapter" is pretty futile.
    on your general recommendation, i'm shopping from kickgaming, and i was looking at this item here http://www.kickgaming.com/tools-repair-ada...save-p-409.html
    i've looked through these forums for a bit and i get the impression that it isn't a simple drag and drop process to get save files from my ds games onto a flash cart through my computer.

has anybody had experience using these kinds of things or with this specific adapter? how difficult is it to transfer save files and what are the chances it won't work on one of my games?

thanks guys!

2. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Yea, it'll probably work, you should go ahead and get it. And wow, i never seen it before, thanks for pointing it out, i might get it [​IMG]

EDIT: Of course it will work on all your games, basically its a device that cracks the read only chip and makes it writable. ?

It looks drag and drop to me, it's just a adapter that you plug the NDS game into and plug it into the comp. It'll probably pop up as removable disk E:/ or F:/

actually you need software for this, wonder if a cd comes with it. But its fairly easy to use.

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Awesome find!!!

4. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You could save the 17 dollars by using the NDS Backup but thats really fiddly and requires a Hombrew compatible wifi. This looks like it would be faster and has the advantage of saving to your PC not DS which saves time. It doesn't look like it can backup roms but im guessing that wont be a problem to most people. Nice find though

5. tonycheese
    OP

Newcomer tonycheese Newbie

United States
    ah, didn't notice people responded to my thread. thanks for the video, i didn't think to look for one.
    but yeah, if i already have the rom all i need is the save file, i would have no qualms downloading a rom for a game that i already own.
    and i saw the wifi solution before, looks like too much trouble for me to be honest haha.

thanks for the responses... i was mostly concerned about how save files work on different flash carts but someone has answered that question for me over on the dsdatabase forums.