Hacking NDS, 3DS, and GBA: The Holy Trinity

Jeikobu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Right now I have the usual Luma CFW setup, but I want to be able to play GBA and regular DS games on the system. For example, a card like the Supercard DSTWO would be perfect, but I'm not sure if it works on 11.9 or if it is even obtainable at this point.

Now, you might be saying “Just use an emulator like mGBA”, which I do have, but every game I've tried so far (mainly pokemon and pokemon romhacks) has been incredibly slow and choppy so as to be unplayable. Of course, if we troubleshoot that successfully, then great- problem solved. My goal is mainly to play games like Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red romhacks.

As for NDS games, I do in fact have a working flashcart that plays NDS games, so if the emulator problem is solved, then this would be a non-issue as well. This is a cheap Chinese r4 knock-off, which is why I'm surprised it works without much problem (despite being in Chinese) because I got it for free when I bought a regular NDS in China. This is interesting because I didn't apply any special hacks to my 3ds related to NDS hacking. For reference, my old Acekard from back in the day does not work. It's a shame that the 3ds doesnt have the gameboy slot because I also have the EZ Flash 3-in-1 (if that helps.)

What I'm saying in short is that I would still like to buy a card (because it would be more convenient and could probably run both better anyway) that works on the newest 3ds firmware so that I can play NDS and GBA games.

Bonus points for SNES.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use New Super Ultimate Injector instead of Ultimate GBA VC Injector, it supports more GBA save types

Any (itself working) flashcard that Luma doesn't automatically unblock, should work with "NTR Launcher" by Apache Thunder

Dani Dandelion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
R4's perfect for DS games. As stated above, the New Super Ultimate Injector can inject GBA games, and can also inject SNES games as VC titles. Alternatively, you can use bubble2k16's snes9x emulator to play SNES roms directly, which takes up way less space, and avoids the home menu's title limit.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.