ROM Hack Translation NCGR Editing help.

MegalithAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I do require assistance on how to use CrystalTile2 correctly.

I'm trying to translate Jet Impulse's graphics, as I can cover everything else succesfully. The problem arises when I import the edited file inside Crystaltile.

This is how normally looks like.

upload_2021-9-7_23-42-11.png

And then I managed to find another color variation, because with the one below I can't edit words.

upload_2021-9-7_23-39-49.png

I import the image, then I make sure the words follow the palette of the picture. (Thanks Adobe Photoshop you are a savior)

upload_2021-9-7_23-47-55.png

But then, once I open the game to test the changes the entire thing gets messed up.
Here's the 2 pictures in comparison.

upload_2021-9-7_23-49-31.png
upload_2021-9-7_23-51-0.png

At this point I don't know what to do. What am I doing wrong? How can I evade these kind of issues in a future? Your help will be totally appreciated.

Last edited by MegalithAce,

MegalithAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Bump.
This is a very important part of the translation project I'm doing, and there are several instances like this inside the game. I tried putting a transparent PNG image in order to "cover" certain parts that I want to change and left others untouched, but that didn't worked.

Also, BMP format tends to bug the tiles once imported back to the game.

Last edited by MegalithAce,

MegalithAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I dunno about CrystalTile2, but have you tried NitroPaint or Tinke? I believe they have similar tools.

I tried using Tinke once few months ago but it messes the entire rom for some reason, maybe it is some kind of bug.

NitroPaint? I never heard of it, but I'll get it and test stuff to see if the results are different. Thank you for your input!

Reactions: banjo2

MegalithAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I dunno about CrystalTile2, but have you tried NitroPaint or Tinke? I believe they have similar tools.

After a while, the result was similar with NitroPaint, but I discovered a fix!

I found that the green color palette I was using had 4 similar colors, so instead of saving 16 colors, it only saved 12.

My fix was using a palette that uses exactly 16 colors and modify from there. Crystaltile has pre-made palletes to use, so it was very helpful.

upload_2021-9-11_17-16-26.png

upload_2021-9-11_17-17-19.png

Now I can proceed the translation normally!

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche