Misc NBAHomepass 1.0 help question

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried for quite awhile to make NBAHomepass 1.0 work. I'm on Windows 10 using a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. My 3DS has no saved connections on it and it shows that it's connected to the internet. My virtual Wi-Fi network is receiving packets and is connected to the internet. I'm using this method "NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 300 30". I'm not getting any Streetpasses whatsoever :/ I did get a little blue notification for a demo, but that's it. Am I doing something wrong?

Is there any other method I can try? I don't have a rooted android phone, Raspberry Pi, or Mac computer...so assume I'm only looking for Windows help.

Almalexion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, today I planned to post a topic about this. 'cuz I actually solved my problem this morning :) it's exactly the same problem with yours.

My old 3ds is on the latest firmware btw ! And im not using any external usb wi-fi modem, i'm using my own wi-fi modem and it connects to the internet too ! Heres the steps that I take this morning to make it work ! My pc is Windows 10 btw !

1- On 3ds internet settings, write your modem IP (the IP you write on your browser to reach it's settings) to the DNS, primary and secondary ! And connect to your modem via wi-fi !
2- Open cmd as admin !
2a- Eject the Ethernet Cable and open your wi-fi to connect the modem !
3- Write nbahomepass BASE256.txt true 600 30 (600 or 900 or between for reaching it in time) and start it ! Press a button if you want to cycle mac adresses if you want but i advice you to wait !
3a- Set up Nzone if you didn't 'cuz you have to see the ConsoleNintendo3ds (or smth like that) in the connections after you started it.
4- If you want Eon Ticket on ORAS, delete others and leave ORAS only, otherwise leave everything !
4a- If you want Eon Ticket, make your last opened program anything than ORAS, just open up system settings and close it !
5- Heres the nice part ! Press the power button but don't press shutdown on screen, just close the lid and put 3ds near the modem (sleep mode) ! you'll see a nonstop green light (no flashes) after a minute or two!
6- Open your 3ds after waiting 2 to 3 minutes when green light is on, when you open the lid, you'll see green light is gone and here's your spot passes contacts !
7- Repeat this steps (5-6) on every mac cycle changes to get more spotpass/streetpass contacts!
7a- Repeat this steps (4-4a-5-6) untill you get Eon ticket from someone ! Check the Buzz for it !

Have fun and I hope it helps people, 'cuz I got my Eon ticket this morning :)

Note: In the latest updates, nintendo probably changed how it works, (Home menu for sending, sleep mode for receiving) 'cuz in v9 firmware, i be able to get streetpasses even in game and in homescreen, but not anymore !

Last edited by Almalexion,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Almalexion you've got me really excited! I can't wait to get this set up :) Thank you so much for responding to me on this, I didn't even think of trying it like this. I'll let you know if it works for me :3

EDIT: So step one is kind of confusing, I'm not too sure on what you mean by getting the IP address from my modem and putting it in both the DNS slots. My IP is 192.168.0.46, when I put it in where the DNS settings are, it showed up as 192.168.000.046. I'm not sure if that's right. Also, I thought I wasn't supposed to have any connections saved on my 3DS when I do this.
ConsoleNintendo3DS showed up. Is it supposed to be receiving packets?
So, following your steps I've set it up to the best of my knowledge, but I'm not getting any Streetpasses. I'm not sure where I'm messing up :/

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

Almalexion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you have to set up an internet connection on your 3ds first. If you can be able to reach your modems Admin Password page with that IP, than it's the true one. and if you put it like 1.1 at the end, it shows as 001.001 as example. Console 3ds supposed to be receive and send packets. But also you have to see your modem name under it !

Did you checked the streetpass management in the system settings ? there are supposed to be some games !
Btw, i forgot something i guess, Plug your 3ds adapter, make sure yellow wi-fi light is on, and if you can't get any streetpasses at first 150 seconds, open the lid to return home menu, press something to cycle the next mac adress, wait a little bit to see the modem name and console3ds, then close the lid again and wait for 150 seconds, do them close to your modem. Green light won't go off untill you open the lid.

Here Some Fresh Photos :

http://pho.to/9oAIU

Last edited by Almalexion,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! You literally meant close to the modem lol! Alright, I'll let you know if it works for me :) Thank you so much!
EDIT: I think you meant the default gateway lol. Took me awhile to get that.

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've got it set up how you said to. I'm connected to my modem with the 3DS with my default gateway as my primary and secondary DNS. I ran the program with NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 600 30. But when I close my 3DS (hit power button, but not turned off) and put it next to the modem, the ConsoleNintendo3DS network stops receiving packets and I don't recieve any Streetpasses :/ The virtual network says it's connected to the internet.

Almalexion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you cycled it and waited for 150+ seconds ? Sometimes at the first mac adress, mine is not getting anything so im cycling it to the next, then it gets streetpasses afterwards. Also, you must have internet access on your 3ds and it must on sleep mode. So i'll get at the second without doing open - close, if you checked the last picture, mac adress is different :) You just need to be patient about this. Otherwise you won't get anything.

I'll quoting on your last post so check on it again.

'Alright, so I've got it set up how you said to. I'm connected to my modem with the 3DS with my default gateway as my primary and secondary DNS (test it for internet connection, also make sure they are actually your modem IP, most of them like 196.162.001.001). I ran the program with NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 600 30. But when I close my 3DS (hit power button, but not turned off) and put it next to the modem, the ConsoleNintendo3DS network stops receiving packets and I don't recieve any Streetpasses :/ The virtual network says it's connected to the internet. (switch it to the next mac adress, then wait for 600 secs, don't stop switching untill you get one).

And also send me some pictures like i sended so maybe i can help you better. Especially when console3ds network stops receiving packets).

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you cycled it and waited for 150+ seconds ? Sometimes at the first mac adress, mine is not getting anything so im cycling it to the next, then it gets streetpasses afterwards. Also, you must have internet access on your 3ds and it must on sleep mode. So i'll get at the second without doing open - close, if you checked the last picture, mac adress is different :) You just need to be patient about this. Otherwise you won't get anything.

I'll quoting on your last post so check on it again.

'Alright, so I've got it set up how you said to. I'm connected to my modem with the 3DS with my default gateway as my primary and secondary DNS (test it for internet connection, also make sure they are actually your modem IP, most of them like 196.162.001.001). I ran the program with NbaHomePass.exe BASE256.txt true 600 30. But when I close my 3DS (hit power button, but not turned off) and put it next to the modem, the ConsoleNintendo3DS network stops receiving packets and I don't recieve any Streetpasses :/ The virtual network says it's connected to the internet. (switch it to the next mac adress, then wait for 600 secs, don't stop switching untill you get one).

And also send me some pictures like i sended so maybe i can help you better. Especially when console3ds network stops receiving packets).
I didn't cycle it. I haven't thought about cycling to a new MAC just in case one wouldn't work so I'll try that.
My IP is 192.168.0.1, but when I put it in the 3DS for the DNS's it changes to 192.168.000.001. When I test the connection afterward it'll give me this error:
12185860_825150997602107_290889659_o_zpsl2ajdoz9.jpg

I think the 3DS may have changed my IP the wrong way, so after that error, I changed it to 192.168.000.100 and it took a bit longer to load.. but it gave me a different error:
12186210_825149917602215_853133535_o_zpsxf8cd2tr.jpg

Are these errors okay? Which IP should I go with?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I walked away from my 3DS for awhile and all it had was a blue notification light. Nothing important, just some eShop news :/ I've been trying to cycle through the MACs to find one that works. But nothing seems to do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto