NANR files?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Nimue, May 28, 2010.

May 28, 2010

NANR files? by Nimue at 3:00 AM (2,041 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Nimue
    OP

Newcomer Nimue Member

United States
    I need to get these menus edited in Hakuouki >

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    NANR - Nintendo Animation Resource
    NCER - Nintendo Cell Resource
    NCGR - Nintendo Character Graphic Resource
    NCLR - Nintendo Color Resource

NCLR contains the palette, NCGR has the individual graphics for each 8x8 tile, NCER maps tiles to cells, and NANR maps cells to animations.

The only program I know of that can view animations is Crystaltile2.

3. Nimue
    OP

Newcomer Nimue Member

United States
    I heard it could do this, but I'm really not certain how.

Any help? I dug through the program for HOURS last night. Any tutorial you could type up or link me to would be amazing.

I have the registered version of Crystal Tile 2. The one you had to email wannya@someemailaddress.something for.

4. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    view the nds rom file system
    right click one of the above mentioned files (preferably the one with the movie clip icon)
    and then multimedia something
    you should then see it play.
    careful though ct2 has a handy remapping thing that changes the map for the tiles if you change that things may irrevocably be changed (so backup your work, if working directly on the rom)
    you don't really need the registered version of ct2 for this.
    Oh and don't be worried if sometimes the animation looks garbled, that happens alot with animations that don't have square or rectangle proportions in ct2.

5. Nimue
    OP

Newcomer Nimue Member

United States
    That didn't work. It didn't show it animate at all... I think this game's weird. Well, if someone's willing to look at it and see if they can't figure out how to get the menu button thingies in and out so I can translate them... Umm... That'd be cool

6. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    Wow, you have a crap load and I mean WOW... what a lot of images with text to translate.
    I thought zoids battle coliseum was bad damn I am not even a quarter way through looking at the files and thats a lot... well...
    in CT2 first press F5
    then view the nds rom file system (ctrl-n)
    In the window that pops up find the file (touchwindow.NCGR in this case) and right click it
    now a new thing pops up you have two important options
    view map - which loads the image according to the way the game will display, this also leaves you stuck in map view which leaves the tiles loaded the way that particular file is supposed to be (in the properties pane you see map/oam address sorta the same way games recogize fonts you will have to zero this as when you are done doing whatever you are doing with this file - as saving wtih this new map changes other files thoughout the game irrevocably so please be careful file viewing in the map mode okay)

second important option
    retrieve tile address
    this is the one you will want to click on right now
    which now that I'v done it, well darling welcome to the world of tile editing
    what you are dealing with is a custom map... you know what I was just talking about.
    You are going to need to find the map for this, or deal with editing the image in multi width way
    so go to offset (insert this number into the offset in the properties pane) 5AECF30
    change in the properties pane scale to 200 and the tile witdth and height to 8 now (VIEW in the top menu go to fit window to tile
    and then the window with the graphics tiles in change the width wtih you mouse til you see the image sorta properly
    still garbled eh, well unfortuanatly this happens And you may be stuck working with it.
    not a big deal I've worked with worseand not really hard to do if you line everything up in one coordinated super edited image and have a large amount of patience.
    What you can do is directly export 1 on 1 tiles and then rearrange as needed then cut paste back as needed too there is a tool for this that I don't have the patience for Tile map editor it helps in that it keeptrack of where the tiles are supposed to go but I find it easier just to rearrange and cut and paste.
    if this makes no sense try some of the other images in the game most dispaly correctly. others don't cest la vie