Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
raven_g20 said:
as i said in my previous post i cannot run anything from preloader menu...cannot boot to anything because it gives artifacts and freezes...same happens when i run from sd card from system menu...so how can i re-install system menu and IOS?????? what is the way?? please tell the steps if u can because its kinda confusing...thank you for your reply.
WAD Manager and NUS Downloader. (NUS Downloader 1.2 is currently in beta, but it's rather stable.) Should've asked you this before... What System Menu are you on? By the way, I would suggest making a separate thread about this; you're more likely to get more help.)

Also, will NandClean be able to clean up traces of older cboot2 versions? It's not that I need it, I was wondering... (To my understanding, the directory was /tmp/cboot2/)

raven_g20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dialexio said:
raven_g20 said:
as i said in my previous post i cannot run anything from preloader menu...cannot boot to anything because it gives artifacts and freezes...same happens when i run from sd card from system menu...so how can i re-install system menu and IOS?????? what is the way?? please tell the steps if u can because its kinda confusing...thank you for your reply.
WAD Manager and NUS Downloader. (NUS Downloader 1.2 is currently in beta, but it's rather stable.) Should've asked you this before... What System Menu are you on? By the way, I would suggest making a separate thread about this; you're more likely to get more help.)

Also, will NandClean be able to clean up traces of older cboot2 versions? It's not that I need it, I was wondering... (To my understanding, the directory was /tmp/cboot2/)

System Menu? i think its 4.0E so thats ios60 right? thnx

PLEASE SOME1 HELP!!!!

Biiotz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can I run this app with bootmii?

Cause my Wii has a low-level brick (black screen on console turn on) and dont let me use HBC neither dol files. When I try to load some dol files to see if I can fix this brick, the following message appears: failed to load selected file.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can download v0.2 in the first post:
- It tries to load IOS249 on startup, as icefire suggested;
- An error comes out if a file doesn't exist or if deletion failed;
- System Menu 4.1 and 3.2 preloader APPs are deleted too;
- Code cleanup.

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think preloader maybe giving me a brick too, I want to run this and see if it fixes it but my brick has caused me to not be able to pair my wiimote with the system so I am dependent on gamecube controller support.

Is there anyway to get a modified version of this so that it supports gamecube input?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, good job
smile.gif

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone explain to me how exactly I would be able to delete Preloader with this? I'm a huge noob at this. Any help would be appreciated.

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry. I open NUSD, then click "Generate Certs." After that, I click "Database," "System," "System Menu," then
v449 (4.1U)." Then, I check Pack -> WAD and started the NUS download. What would I do now? And just to make sure, I use the WAD Installer, right?

Or could I just update it oficially and have the same effect?

Thanks again. I wish I knew more about this stuff.

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry. I open NUSD, then click "Generate Certs." After that, I click "Database," "System," "System Menu," then
v449 (4.1U)." Then, I check Pack -> WAD and started the NUS download. What would I do now? And just to make sure, I use the WAD Installer, right?

Or could I just update it oficially and have the same effect?

Thanks again. I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct. The WAD can be installed via any WAD-installing utility. Using Nintendo's update service will not reinstall your current System Menu.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys, I have some questions..

- Does this replace shared2clean? meaning, there are no advantages to shared2clean over this? this doesnt require a cios version to run or anything? should I completly delete shared2clean?
- That 3.4 gift thing, is this what shared2clean does when I run it?
- when i use this with HBC, should include the data folder too? if yes, should it be in apps/nandclean/, or should it be on root?

Hope i find some answers
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
NandClean does a bit more than shared2clean (check the original post for more details).
wink.gif

The "3.4 gift" is from Comex's notdvdx installer (DVDX for 3.4 before Team Twiizers pushed an update for 3.4 Wiis). Comex's tool would check for the Backup Launcher, and if it was found, would call you a pirate and leave behind a file to tag you. If you passed the check, it'd let you downgrade IOS35 to v1040 and also install DVDx.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks Dialexio, you kinda misunderstood my question though
I know it does more that shared2clean, I meant that bit about the 3.4 gift, is that what shared2clean gets rid off?

The reason I'm asking IS because of the IOS35 downgrade, because if that does the trick well, I'll get rid of shared2clean and put this in the apps folder instead (I made a guide which has this step)

Which is also why I'm asking if this runs normally or does it require a cios or anything, and if there were any advantages to shared2clean over this ..

Also, any idea about the third question in my previous post?
smile.gif

Thanks again
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct; shared2clean merely removes notdvdx's gift.

Just install NandClean's DOL or ELF like a normal HBC app; no need for /data or /source.
smile.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
thanks, i'll delete shared2clean from my guide and replace this instead. it doesnt need any cIOS or anything to run does it? it will run under the same conditions i can run shared2clean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work