NAND Backup - Quick Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kurt91, Feb 10, 2013.

Feb 10, 2013

NAND Backup - Quick Question by Kurt91 at 1:40 AM (534 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kurt91
    OP

Member Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hacked my family's Wii a little while back, and didn't know at the time that I should have backed up the NAND. My family only uses the Wii to play backed-up games on it, because my younger siblings are hell on the discs. (They once got a new DVD, and ruined it beyond use the first day.)

I want to know, is it too late to set up a backup? If not, how do I know if I can do so? (How do I know my Wii is old enough to do this?) I looked through the tutorial on here on backing up the Wii and running off an emulated NAND, but I don't understand it. The SD card I have is only 2 GB. Is that going to be enough space to do this? If not, can the USB flash drive I have plugged into the back (8 GB) something I can use instead?

My little siblings don't listen to me very well, and will start up the games themselves rather than let me do it for them, so I want to make sure I can fix things in case they screw things up by accident. If it's too late to do any of this, I want to know so I know to be extra careful. (If it helps any, the only programs on the Wii are Homebrew Channel, WAD Manager, WiiMC, USB Loader, and SNES9xGX)

2. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As long as your Wii it functioning, it is never truly too late for aNAND backup. And, no wii is too new. Just boot into bootmii, backupnuour nand and keys, and store them in a secure location. The odds of your siblings messing up something is pretty low, but one can never be too careful.

3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    wii nand is 512MiB

4. Kurt91
    OP

Member Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alright, thanks for the help.

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Except for those new Canadian Wii's that don't have USB, GC ports, or an SD slot.
    When you include the ECC data, it is a total of 528MiB.

6. ayrek

Member ayrek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, true. I completely forgot about those.